New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

Greetings from Northern Alabama

Search this Thread

Old August 9th, 2010, 12:42 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greetings from Northern Alabama

I joined the Forum last month. Hadn't seen the 'New User' section until today though.

My current Chevy is an '02 Monte Carlo SS 3.8L purchased new. It was intended to be my primary vehicle to replace the motorcycle that got trashed by a wayward limo driver in NJ. But my wife liked the Monte Carlo so much she took control of it and hasn't relinquished it yet.

The Monte Carlo is currently stock. I plan to change that in the near future. I'd like to open up the intake & exhaust; install progressive springs that also lower the ride; install beefier shocks; reprogram the ECU for sportier performance. Basically some straightforward performance upgrades; nothing too radical.

Past Chevy's have included a '79 Blazer and a '94 Suburban. And I suppose a '91 Geo/Chevy Tracker if that counts...

I actually ride a motorcycle about 80% of the time. My current ride is a '97 Honda VFR750, a great midsized sport touring bike. Excellent as a commuter with trunk / saddlebags. Vroom vroom.

When not riding or stealing time in my wife's Monte Carlo, I spend time between two old Jag's: an '86 XJ6 (4.2L inline 6) and a '90 XJS (5.3L V-12). The XJ6 will be up for sale soon. The XJS I'll probably keep for a couple more years. My long range plan is to sell the XJS, put the money toward a new car for the wife, and FINALLY take over the Monte Carlo as my daily driver (when I'm not riding the VFR).

One more car in the stable: a '73 Mercedes 220. That's really my daughter's car. All her friends want newer / fancier cars. She thinks this old Mercedes is the BEST car in the world. Who would have thunk it... I guess she acquired Dad's fascination with old cars.

Look forward to learning from others (and sharing what I can) on the Forum.

Regards,
Dave
Old August 9th, 2010, 11:30 PM
CF Active Member

Heyy! Welcome to the forum! I lovee my monte & wouldn't trade it for ANYTHING! =) If ya ever want any help or advice on anything, free feel to contact me =) Get pics up when you can of all your rides too
Old August 10th, 2010, 8:26 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks! Will do. I have pic's of all my other rides, but not my Monte. Go figure... I'll fix that.