New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

Greetings from Sweden

Search this Thread

Old August 23rd, 2009, 5:13 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greetings from Sweden

Hi!

Two things set me off to finding a good chevy forum, been thinking about getting an late -70 or really early -80 truck or a blazer as a fun ride and do a nice renovation on it but what actually was the spark was my everyday truck (Silverado -91) started behaving and need some assistance. I'm good with trim, body and paint but pretty basic when it comes to chassi and engine so I'm gonna need some backing there.

All the best!

/Michael
Old August 23rd, 2009, 5:54 AM
Super Moderator
Ride of the Month
May 2009

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the forum Michael, we should be able to help out with just about anything.
Old August 23rd, 2009, 10:35 AM
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Mickeman
Hi!

Two things set me off to finding a good chevy forum, been thinking about getting an late -70 or really early -80 truck or a blazer as a fun ride and do a nice renovation on it but what actually was the spark was my everyday truck (Silverado -91) started behaving and need some assistance. I'm good with trim, body and paint but pretty basic when it comes to chassi and engine so I'm gonna need some backing there.

All the best!

/Michael

welcome, ahhh restoring a blazer...look for a first generation full convert blazer cst...if your going to build one do a build thread i would be subscribed to that...good luck
Old August 23rd, 2009, 11:11 AM
CF Monarch

Received 27 Likes on 9 Posts

Welcome to the Chevrolet Forum!
Old August 23rd, 2009, 4:00 PM
CF Beginner

Actually I was mostly looking at second generation blazers. The first gen sure are lookers, but they are uncommon over here and hence quite pricy, a decent Silverado from early eighties will set me back about 4k USD, while a 2G blazer about 5k. Then we have the 1G blazer that price will sure go up to about 6.5-7k (if I'm not getting one without engine, shot tranny and moth eaten upholstery, they can be ok priced...) US cars are not cheap in sweduski..
Old August 23rd, 2009, 4:11 PM
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Mickeman
Actually I was mostly looking at second generation blazers. The first gen sure are lookers, but they are uncommon over here and hence quite pricy, a decent Silverado from early eighties will set me back about 4k USD, while a 2G blazer about 5k. Then we have the 1G blazer that price will sure go up to about 6.5-7k (if I'm not getting one without engine, shot tranny and moth eaten upholstery, they can be ok priced...) US cars are not cheap in sweduski..

i hear ya,4k for a silverado is not a bad price,even here they fetch prices like that...iv'e owned one 1 gen and it took all my money.i love all the blazers there is something about if it breaks down i can fix it that i like!...have you voted in the rig of the month yet?
Old August 23rd, 2009, 5:09 PM
CF Beginner

Yeah, my vote is in!

The Silverados are pretty decent priced, they are mostly bought as working vehicles here so they are usually long milers and a bit beaten up, but to a decent price.
Old August 23rd, 2009, 7:33 PM
CF Veteran

Welcome Michael. Not to worry, the caliber of tech here is way more than just top notch. No kidding, these guys (and girls) are first class, so post away.
Old August 24th, 2009, 1:52 AM
CF Beginner

I have every confidence that my measly little problems will just melt away as soon as the intelligntia here will get cracking
https://chevroletforum.com/forum/silverado-sierra-fullsize-pick-ups-21/k2500-1991-starts-nice-but-stalls-25365/

Thanks all for the very nice welcoming! Impressive I must say, being a member of some 12-14 forums you really stand out here!