New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

hello chevy forums

Search this Thread

Old August 24th, 2012, 8:12 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hello chevy forums

i am new to this truck game and here to learn as much info as i can about my chevy that i just purchased. its a 1998 c1500 extended cab with regular box has the 5.0 v8 vortex in it. curious about what i can do to up the fuel economy a little (i know its not going to get great, otherwise i wouldntve gotten a truck if i was looking for that lol). also i have a few very minor issues with it and curious as to going about fixing them. anyways, hopefully i can get some good info out of this website and eventually help people in the future with there's.
Old August 24th, 2012, 8:20 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

quality plugs, preferably ac delco, brass contact cap and rotor. quality, low resistance wires. clean air filter or k&n filter.

i put a few hundred into a 98 tahoe couple years ago to fix head gaskets. before, i was lucky to get 15 mpg. while i was in there, i upgraded the fuel injection spider unit to the MPFI (google it) also used the parts i mentioned above. at 70 mph it was hittin 19-21. consistently.
Old August 28th, 2012, 2:43 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

welcome to the forum! If there are any accessories that you are looking to add to your vehicle just pm me.