New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

Hello from San Diego

Search this Thread

Old May 20th, 2010, 10:02 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello from San Diego

I'm a DIY kinda guy. In the old days fixin' your own auto was a no brainer. These days, with all the electronics, sensors, computers, etc. a guy could get a college education in the time it takes to learn how to diagnose and fix all that can go wrong.

Recently picked up a 96' Chevy 1500 Express van. Looks like new, inside and out. Ran REAL bad when I bought it (ignition wires were touching the exhaust manifold. Insualtion burnt, spark shorting on the exhaust) Bought new wires and plugs and it runs like a top...sorta...

Keep getting the dreaded 0300 code (multiple cylinder misfires). Got an OBD11 adapter for my laptop and some software off Ebay to see what's going on. Just hooked it up today. Picking up a repair manual tomorrow, getting greasy all weekend...

I'm sure I'll have lots o' questions and this seems like the place to find lots o' answers. Glad I found you guys.
Old May 20th, 2010, 10:51 PM
CF Active Member

heyy! welcome to the forum! glad to have ya =)
Old May 21st, 2010, 6:28 AM
CF Active Member

Remember when the transmission would last the life of a car. The only thing that you had to replace was a vacuum modulator sold at any auto store. Now I you are lucky even with good care you have good chance that your transmission will fail before the end life of your car with all the computer electronics items that can go wrong etc.