New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

Hey I'm New!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old January 22nd, 2009 | 9:19 PM
CF Junior Member

Default Hey I'm New!!!!!!!!!!!

It's been a long time since anyone called me "new" ... but I'll take it! Glad to be here; please see my pics in the photo gallery!

The Surf-Urban
Old January 22nd, 2009 | 9:33 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum!!!
Old January 22nd, 2009 | 9:41 PM
Administrator

Thumbs up

Howdy and Welcome!
Old January 24th, 2009 | 8:35 PM
CF Monarch

Welcome to the Chevrolet Forum! I like your Burb. Saw the pictures on the ticker.
Old May 19th, 2016 | 12:55 PM
CF Junior Member

Figured I'd re-introduce myself since I last logged on back in 12-12-2011, lol! I became a member here in January of 2009 with my 2000 Suburban. Loved that truck. Bought it in January 09 and had it until October 2014 when the engine blew. It was a throw-away truck as it had been t-boned and wasn't in perfect shape; paint was horrible on the passenger side, in fact I rolled Rustoleum on that entire side and also covered up the two tone bottom. Looked pretty good for what it was. But, to me it wasn't worth rebuilding or investing anymore into her. Sold it and found a 2001 Southern Comfort edition. Wasn't keen on the green, but it's grown on me and I love the truck. Last week I installed some 2015 GMC 20" rims that had Goodyear Eagle LS-2's already installed, replacing the crappy Prime 18" chrome rims. What a ride difference over the Sumitomo HTR Sports it came with when I bought it. Less noisy, better in rain, etc. Plus, one of those previous rims was slightly bent, so that answers itself. I have hub-centric wheel spacers ready to install to push the wheels out another inch as the offset was slightly off. Another plus with the newer truck is the stereo that was in it. I bought it through a dealer about 30 miles south of me. He said the stereo was nice, but just didn't have much bass. The day I got her home I dug around to find all JL Audio amplifiers, speakers and a 15" JL sub in the box. The foam rubber had deteriorated around the cone, so I went to a local audio shop and got a new surround. Wow, what a system! Anyway, here's some boring pics and I'll post another question I have regarding mufflers in the appropriate section: