New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

Hi

Search this Thread

Old April 22nd, 2006, 1:18 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi

Hello my name is Jason. I recently purchased a 1986 K5 Blazer. It has some miner troubles but will be running by the end of the month. First I had to replace the radiator, because the original formed a crack at the top of the upper radiator hose. Second after running the engine to test the new radiator, I noticed an excessive amount of smoke coming out of the valve cover breather. So I turned the engine off, removed the valve cover to discover the rocker arms were comletely dry. So I called the original owner and asked him if he had noticed this before and if so, how far had he driven the truck. Long story short, he had replaced the original 305 with a junkyard motor, due to a thrown rod. So I investigated further and found that durring his motor replacemnt he had neglected to install the oil pump shaft, and that was the cause of the oiling problem. My current problem is. I replaced the old Quadrajet carb with a new 650cfm Edelbrock carb, but the Blazer has a 700R4 Transmission, and now it seems the torque converter lockup doesnt want to work. I bought an after market kickdown and throttle barcket and hopefully that solves all my problems.
Old April 22nd, 2006, 5:48 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hi

after running the motor wthout any oil to the top end is it worth putting new stuff on it? does the motor still run ok?