New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

Hi all! New forum user here from Florida

Search this Thread

Old August 6th, 2018, 8:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi all! New forum user here from Florida

Hi Guys,

I have a 2008 Silverado 2wd 1500 truck I use to pull my horse trailer. I have had this great truck for 8 years and 148,000 miles,

I just wanted to have a source of informed opinions when I have mechanical problems so I can check what I am being told by our local mechanics.

I am all about horses but horse people are truck people by default!

Terri
Old August 6th, 2018, 8:42 PM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by cowgirl terri
Hi Guys,

I have a 2008 Silverado 2wd 1500 truck I use to pull my horse trailer. I have had this great truck for 8 years and 148,000 miles,

I just wanted to have a source of informed opinions when I have mechanical problems so I can check what I am being told by our local mechanics.

I am all about horses but horse people are truck people by default!

Terri
Welcome to the Chevrolet Forum, Cowgirl Terri.

I have a niece who is into the cowgirl lifestyle. She is an expert rider. Me? I am a bit afraid of horses, but I ride "steel horses" instead.
Old August 6th, 2018, 9:47 PM
CF Beginner

I have my motorcycle license Oilcan, but I don't ride much anymore, horses don't scare me, drivers on the road do though!
Old August 7th, 2018, 5:18 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by cowgirl terri
I have my motorcycle license Oilcan, but I don't ride much anymore, horses don't scare me, drivers on the road do though!
Yeah, I know its not very logical to be a bit leery around horses, when a motorcycle accident is more likely to result in death or dismemberment, but I had my cousin's horse .step on my foot when I was a lad. Thankfully my bones held up, but it hurt like blazes.

I've ridden horses a few times, but I think it's the height way up on a horse that gets to me. On a bike, I can simply slide off and dump it and roll easy, if need be.

Yeah, drivers today drive like bats out of h**l. I grew up during Nixon's 55 MPH nationwide "gas-saving" speed limit, that was set back in 1973, so I am used to going slower then 75-90 MPH.!

Not that I haven't hit the triple digit mark and bent it more then a few times in my day, but that was always when I had a clear, dry roadway up ahead, not in lots of traffic.
Old August 7th, 2018, 7:28 PM
CF Beginner

"Not that I haven't hit the triple digit mark and bent it more then a few times in my day, but that was always when I had a clear, dry roadway up ahead, not in lots of traffic. "

…..which is why you are still around to talK about it