New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

Hi I'm Randy

Search this Thread

Old April 17th, 2020 | 11:00 PM
CF Beginner

Default Hi I'm Randy

I have a 04 Chevy Tahoe, and a 95 swb 2wd 5 spd 4.3L it's my baby my everyday ride. But she's sick. She started runnin a lil crazy, like me. Just died a couple of short times while going down the interstate. But made it home with no other issues. I have a 06 Malibu so I drive it. just in case. I'm glad because my girl is sick. She'll crank run like a top but shut her down well hope you're not in a hurry! Hold it to the floor or she ain't sayin nothin. Once you keep her running she just plain nasty but will purk up and I start loosin her all over again but refuse to pull the plugs on her. I've put new fuel pump, plugs, wires, fuel filter, Rotor cap, button, and the little module under the cap. She just dang stubborn and I don't know what to do. Any advice would be greatly appreciated by me and my girl she ain't got but 300, on her all original except transmission had to put a 92 in it. Not a show truck but it's my truck thank again

My baby

Last edited by Frost; April 17th, 2020 at 11:03 PM.
Old April 18th, 2020 | 6:46 AM
CF Monarch

Welcome to the forum. Possibly a clogged catalytic converter.
Old April 18th, 2020 | 10:10 AM
I'm here for the party

welcome from maryland. maybe its me or maybe its you but your lingo is confusing the heck out of me lol.
if i understand you right, when you start it up cold theres no issue and plenty of power. but shut her down and then try to start it back up and theres nothing as in power? will it start right up? if you let it sit for couple minutes (20 or so) will it run ok again or does it have to wait an hour or so?
any CEL light? does it even come on when you first turn the key "on" with the engine "off"?
some links that might help you out
Obd1 code retrieval and decoding/troubleshooting

Troubleshooting sensors and how to test
Old April 23rd, 2020 | 2:16 AM
Premium Sponsor

Hello, Randy, and welcome to the forum! You've come to the right place - this sure is a great place with nice people with good ideas for the ride. Have fun surfing around!