New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

Hi, From Pennsylvania.

Search this Thread

Old June 3rd, 2014, 10:05 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi, From Pennsylvania.

I'm (As of the posting time) a 22-year old guy who drives a 1984 Chevy Caprice Classic Sedan that was owned by my grandfather. I'm interested in Automotive; Gardening; Hypermiling; Music; Smoothie-Making and Walking the Dog.

I joined this forum to ask information about tire sizes for the car I drive, and I posted a question thread in the Caprice section of this forum. I'm hoping to mod the car I have so it uses less fuel and goes a longer distance per tank.

Note about my screen name: It's in reference to the Baritone range of music, Which is in-between Tenor and Bass. When I started using the name it was based on a number of other references (And another similar screen name.)

Last edited by Barry Tones; June 3rd, 2014 at 10:20 AM.
Old June 3rd, 2014, 12:06 PM
Senior Site Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pleasure hearing from you Barry Tones. Make sure to add some pictures of your car to the Gallery and checkout our current photos while you're at it
Old June 3rd, 2014, 9:20 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Barry Tones
I joined this forum to ask information about tire sizes for the car I drive, and I posted a question thread in the Caprice section of this forum. I'm hoping to mod the car I have so it uses less fuel and goes a longer distance per tank.
Remove the interior and spare wheel. Going light is about the only option?
Old June 4th, 2014, 10:20 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nj85z28
Pleasure hearing from you Barry Tones. Make sure to add some pictures of your car to the Gallery and checkout our current photos while you're at it
Done. I'm particularly interested in Station Wagons, My Dad had a 1987 Caprice Estate (With trailer hitch) when I was younger. While we're on the subject, He also said that he doesn't like the power steering in the 1984 Chevy and he thought he was going to wreck it the first time he was driving it home from Grandma's house since the steering is so loose. I can manage the steering myself, But I do wonder if it's a good thing to make the steering a little bit harder since sometimes I was just switching the Air on and then I'd be a bit out of my lane.

Originally Posted by sledge.impy
Remove the interior and spare wheel. Going light is about the only option?
Thanks, I'd like to keep all of that though. I have some ideas that I believe will bump up the FE if done, They include improving the aerodynamics and new LRR tires and engine heaters. I've been thinking of sticking a Diesel engine in (not the 5.7 one) with a Manual transmission too but may put that off until a later date after I've played with the current Gas engine for a while, It has around 110k miles on it as of this post time and runs fine. I think I can get 25 HWY out of it - New LRR tires would be a great benefit to this. I don't drive it in the winter.

Here's a page for this car where the fuel economy is tracked: http://ecomodder.com/forum/emgarage....vehicleid=7294

On another note, I'd appreciate it if anyone gives some advice in the Tire thread I posted:

https://chevroletforum.com/forum/cap...c-sedan-65712/

Last edited by Barry Tones; June 4th, 2014 at 10:38 AM.