New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

I am having issues with my 1994 chevrolet silverado suburban that has a 454 engine

Search this Thread

Old July 17th, 2017, 10:49 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I am having issues with my 1994 chevrolet silverado suburban that has a 454 engine

For the past two days my suburban has been having low oil pressure, i will lose power while i am driving it will make a few duh duh duh and then backfires. Does anyone possibly know what my issue can be? There is NO milky white substance in my oil or anything we just flushed the radiator yesterday it was running fine in the morning before i decide to drive towards another city in my county and it started doing the same thing...when this happens i have to pull over and let it cool down but it is not overheating. Any suggestions?
Old July 17th, 2017, 4:00 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Change the oil, I don't know your area, I'd use a 10-30w or 10-40w. As the engine oil gets warm, the viscosity drops, hence lower oil pressure. Low rpm's also cause low oil pressure. The "misfire" you are having is a seperate issue, how many miles/time since tune up? The 454 is a strong forgiving engine if you "feed" it.
Old July 19th, 2017, 10:25 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My area is in lake county california and ok so sounds like an oil change can help? But okay i am going to be taking it in soon...but with the tune up and time unsure cause when i purchased it the previous owner put in a new thermostat, spark plugs and what not but also said he messed with the timing as well..the current miles right now 171,307.i purchased this back in february on the 24th and i try to take it to a place to get smogged up here and ever since then nothing but problems since they hooked the computer reader up