New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

I heard ya'll had cookies...

Search this Thread

Old September 9th, 2010, 12:42 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I heard ya'll had cookies...

Hey everyone, I just bought my first Chevy.... I'm really a Ford fan... lol So I came to the dark side... I got a really clean 00 Impala. I wasn't in search for anything in particular it just came across to me as a good deal. I got it for 3k. It has all the features and has the 3.8 motor. I am very impressed by the pep of the motor. I have owned a slew of cars over the years including 2 mustangs, an eclipse, a couple Toyota's, a Honda, a Ford ZX2 and a Hyundai. I'm just hoping to learn some more about the Impala here.

Like I said she came to me really clean, 150,000 miles, brand new tires, all the options, it even still has the original paper warning tag attached to the inside of the glovebox!

Oh a little about me, I'm 24, female who happily lives with my boyfriend and our 4 month old son.. oh and our dog Helena.

Now heres some pics

Old September 9th, 2010, 1:03 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

we also have ice cream.... lol welcome to the forum! and you guys got a very nice impala!
Old September 9th, 2010, 1:07 PM
CF Beginner

Thank you very much! I'm pretty proud of it.... just hope my string of bad luck ends with this car! lol Nice truck in your siggy.... I really like the look of the Chevy trucks.
Old September 9th, 2010, 1:13 PM
Super Moderator

thanks...it looks a bit different now..is lifted and has 35" tires ...so what made u switch from ford to chevy???
Old September 9th, 2010, 1:25 PM
CF Beginner

Well when it comes to "daily drivers" I'm pretty game to drive anything as long as I know it has a good reputation. We were looking for a 4 door and we had a budget. We did have a really nice 2001 Ford Zx2 it had all the options, power windows, sunroof a/c, leather all that good stuff. We put a clutch in it when we bought it and the shop screwed up our trans but wouldn't admit to it so we ended up putting a used but low mileage trans in it. After that it ran perfect and we had intentions of keeping it but getting a 4 door for when we had our son. Well a few weeks before I had my son, some old lady pulled out in front of us... and we hit her. There was no way we could stop. She was making a left hand turn in front of us. Our car was totaled, but we did get insurance settlement back on it. This happened at the same time we were preparing to move out of our apt into a house so it was a huge mess!

So we went looking around at some local dealerships and first we looked at a malibu but it was in sad shape... even the sales guy said "my manager told me not to let you even test drive this" lol So we went on to the next place and they had this Impala and I looked at it and quickly fell in love when I saw how clean it was, and how well it drove. And I was very impressed by the power of the v6. Embarrassing enough to say... this car has more hp than my old 5.0 motor had in my 74 Mustang. haha

So pretty much just the right car at the right price. And I had known from other people that they were pretty reliable cars and I see a lot of them on the road in good and bad condition. So I was taking a bet that it would be a good running car.
Old September 9th, 2010, 1:28 PM
Super Moderator

i hope everything goes ok for you and the new car.. btw we love to see pics of car..got any of that mustang?
Old September 9th, 2010, 2:14 PM
CF Beginner

Yep I sure do! I sold it back in 2007. I had a 2005 Hyundai accent as a daily driver that I bought brand new in 2005. I needed a good commuter car to work and such and the stang was forever a work in progress. Well someone stole my Hyundai and the police found it about a week later burned to the ground in another county. I made the choice at the time to sell the stang because it just was not practical to have as an only car, it would overheat in traffic due to a lack of a fan shroud. It had excessive cabin heat from the 5.0 shoehorned into it... but damn it was one helluva car! And one you rarely ever come across for sale either. I really miss it, it was my baby.

1974 Mustang II originally 4 cyl automatic but heres the mods list...

5.0, crane cam (dont remember the specs anymore but had a nice lope to it)
edelbrock 600 4 barrel carb
T-5 manual transmission from Ford Racing w/ hurst short throw shifter
king cobra clutch
custom built aluminum drive shaft
rebuilt rear end with trac loc and 3.80 gears
brakes were all redone
new radiator
flex a lite fan
flowmasters dumped right behind the front seats

all that ugly moldings and crap were taken off and the body was sanded down smooth. It had a spoiler on it which I was told was from an 80's Thunderbird.... lol My dad bought it with a blown 5.0 motor and already converted to manual transmission. And we fixed things from there.

Name:  S4020432.jpg
Views: 2126
Size:  59.8 KB

Name:  S4020434.jpg
Views: 2127
Size:  63.5 KB

Heres my poor little Hyundai may it RIP... She was a good car... got great gas mileage! haha Never had a single problem out of it.
Name:  S4020911.jpg
Views: 2227
Size:  101.6 KB

This was my Eclipse.... nice to look, fun to drive, great on gas... big pain in the ***! lol It had a lot of electrical issues and after fixing many things on it I finally decided it wasn't worth the money to keep throwing into it so I traded it for the Hyundai.
Name:  waxedclipse.jpg
Views: 2122
Size:  146.2 KB

1986 Thoroughbred, "Claudio" he was a really good ride too... May he RIP.. he was put down the same day my Hyundai was stolen... Yeah that was a really bad day... but is also my boyfriend and I's anniversary... lmao So some good came of it.
Name:  S4022503.jpg
Views: 2153
Size:  123.1 KB
Old September 9th, 2010, 2:39 PM
Super Moderator

look like some good lookin cars!
Old September 9th, 2010, 5:14 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by gotstylez
look like some good lookin cars!
Thank ya much. I've had some nice ones over the years. The next one on my list will be another Mustang as a play toy. But I'm really diggin the Impala for the daily grind.
Old September 20th, 2010, 6:58 PM
CF Active Member

Heyy! Welcome to the forum! Nice rides! I'm gonna be buying myself a diff daily driver soon, I'll prob buy a 5th gen monte lol

Quick Reply: I heard ya'll had cookies...