New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

I'm new here so just wanted to drop a line to everyone

Search this Thread

Old October 26th, 2011, 11:05 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm new here so just wanted to drop a line to everyone

Hello every one name's Josh I am an auto tech student at NTCC in Louisiana.I own an 88 gmc sierra regular cab short wheel base stock 350 4bolt main.I have a few questions one is does anyone know where I can get the hold down piece for the battery and secondly What can I do to make my truck go faster with a $2k limit.I was talkingt to someone I go to school with and they said something about taking vortec heads and intake and putting them on my engine kinda like a hemi but with a chevy.I was also woundering if you guys knew the stock intake and exhaust measurements so I could figure out how big of a cam I could get without having to overhaul valvetrain?I also want to put a borla muffler on it every one has magnaflow or glass packs or flowmasters straight pipe etc.I want a unique exhaust sound.Please guys I know yall are older than me and have more experience Im only 21 and a student willing to learn.Also does chevy/GM have different kinds of factory cams like fords E-cam?