New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

I've been on a lot of forums for 20 years and I've never...

Search this Thread

Old February 16th, 2015, 4:08 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default I've been on a lot of forums for 20 years and I've never...

I suppose the admin here will ban me and maybe so be it. I speak my mind when I see something I don't like. In 20 years of running, moderating and posting on forums such as this I have never seen such a terrible system such as this.

I understand hosting a website and purchasing a legal license for forum software costs money. However, this is somewhat pathetic. We ran larger communities than this as a hobby.

Whatever your ads are generating... I can't see how it's worth annoying the crap out of forum members and future posters. You actually have your forum software set to respond to threads with ads, and then email people responses to those posted ads. I'm sorry this is pathetic.

I don't really need these forums or the feeling of "ick" from posting here. You really should find another means of generating revenue. You have plenty of banner ads, perhaps fund raisers among the community? Sales through the site? It's not that expensive last I checked to run a site like this, the advertising here well over the top. You are literally one step away from a forced 5 second advertisement between page clicks. Very unappealing.
Old February 16th, 2015, 5:11 AM
CF Monarch

Received 352 Likes on 333 Posts

If it is so unappealing, then why are you still here? If I do not like something then I stay away from it. You have at least 19 posts already. You are either a chronic complainer or there is something here that does appeal to you.
Old February 16th, 2015, 7:37 AM
Super Moderator

Received 509 Likes on 469 Posts

It is a pita when ads for my local grocer overtake the entire screen.
Old February 16th, 2015, 5:13 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

I don't get any ad pop-ups. Maybe there's a setting in your profile.
Old February 16th, 2015, 9:01 PM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

I'm not having any pop up ads unless I'm not logged in. Otherwise the only ads I get are the side bar ones... You might consider running a program like Ad aware or malware bytes..
Old February 16th, 2015, 11:53 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I say thanks for your service in providing this free forum. Server space and Domains aren't free. Nor the time to respond, keep things clean and the like. If you click ads or not they don't cost you anything. I don't see them unless I am not logged in (Except for the sidebar). But clicking them does help the forum owners here generate some revenue....I am sure it is minimal for what they are doing. ~From a blogger that knows the other side of this. We do it for love of subject, not for the money.
Old February 17th, 2015, 8:49 AM
CF Pro Member

I haven't created a site account, I suppose that's why I am getting them. Either way it's cheesy at least in my opinion. I found this site before sometime ago and dismissed it for all the ads. I can see some banners on the sides and the top, but everything else is just way over the top. My opinion.
Old February 17th, 2015, 10:14 AM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by dberladyn
I haven't created a site account, I suppose that's why I am getting them. Either way it's cheesy at least in my opinion. I found this site before sometime ago and dismissed it for all the ads. I can see some banners on the sides and the top, but everything else is just way over the top. My opinion.
You have created an account, dberladyn but in order for the pop up ads to not be visible you must be actively logged in...
Old February 17th, 2015, 1:23 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So please leave if it is not good for you...
Old February 18th, 2015, 8:57 AM
CF Pro Member

Originally Posted by in2pro
You have created an account, dberladyn but in order for the pop up ads to not be visible you must be actively logged in...

I've only ever logged in with Facebook, I didn't realize that was the same as creating an account. Thanks.