New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)
View Poll Results: How is your truck lifted?
Suspension Kit Only
100.00%
Body Lift Kit Only
0%
Combination - Suspension and Body Kit
0%
Combination - Suspension, Body, and torsion bar
0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Lifting Newbie!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old October 23rd, 2014, 10:26 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Lifting Newbie!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!

Oh wonderful and most knowledgeable fellow forum members…. Please Help!!! I have a 2005 Chevy 1500 Ext. Cab Z71 and I am wanting to raise it 6" using a combination of a suspension kit, blocks, and cracking the torsion bars. I’ve read so many differing versions of this combination in these forums and am still not totally convinced on the best solution. Although I don’t off road often, I do hunt often but also use my truck for normal use. I figured using the above mentioned combination will keep most things normal and not force me to extend this/that or replace this/that and allow me to run 33s or 35s on my 17 rim. Any advice would be greatly appreciated especially pictures to go with your advice.
Old October 23rd, 2014, 11:47 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just a thought, but I had an '06 and earlier a '96 of the same and I only needed 2.5 - 3" to clear 33s. I went with 3" suspension on the '06 and 2.5ish crank and block on the '96. I prefer to do the minimum amount of lift to fit the tire that I want and still articulate, handle and ride as close to intended as possible. I understand that some like to go big, on the lift. personally, I would do body, in addition, if I just wanted my truck to be taller, keeping the ride as nice as possible. I'm just over 2" suspension on my current '14 and plenty of room for 33s. ride is relatively the same. if I decide that I want the extra 1" of ground clearance I will body lift and fit 35s.

btw, I am absolutely no expert, but have lifted and off roaded an great many different vehicles over the years and this is what has worked best for me, on the ones that I use for more than just off road. mainly off road...different story.

Last edited by Dusty one; October 23rd, 2014 at 11:56 AM.
Old October 25th, 2014, 12:32 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

You'll get a lot more views and responses if you post in the Silverado section of the forum.