New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

Low power

Old June 17th, 2017, 10:35 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low power

I have a 2012 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ with a 3.6 liter engine. Back about 5 months ago my AC blower quit. I had pulled the AC relay and the high power relay. The ESC & Stability came on. The car was not running good. I had the blower & resister replaced & the high power relay replaced.
Well, later on the AC quit again. I got another resister and installed it. The AC has a short in the wire harness . Well, I was going home from work. I spun the tires on wet pavement. The car started running real bad. I had a computer code reader. I checked it. It was misfiring on 3;& 6 ignition coil. I replaced number 6. I also got a new ignition coil and tested to find out if it was the coil. It wasn't. The engine light & the stability light was on. The engine light was flashing. I left the auto parts store headed home. All of sudden the car started running right. The engine light was still on The next morning the engine light was off.
I replaced the other 5 spark plugs. The car ran good. Until I spun the tires. The low power light came on and then off. It happened everytime I spun the tires. Well I bought 2 ignition coils. then the car ran good. then I bought 6 ignition coils. The car ran fine for maybe 2 minutes. The car started running real bad with hardly any power. I bought a new ecm for the car I got a dealer to re flash the ecm The car ran good for 20 minutes. It lost power. I put it in manual mode it I would shift to 3rd gear and the car by itself would down shift to 2ND gear. I finally made it up a big hill. I got a mechanic and I got a code P0101 which is MAF sensor. The mechanic replaced the MAF . The engine light was never on while this was going on. I am stumped. Please help?

Search this Thread