New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

my first post!

Search this Thread

Old October 28th, 2007, 1:46 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my first post!

Hello to all on the forum!! I'm looking for some help with my 2001 z-71 4x4 with a 5.3. My quetion is this, i seam to have a real bogging problem. i can't turn my tires over for love or money!!(on dry pave). Befor i bought it i test drove other trucks of similar years and power trains and they had a ton of low end power! The truck i bought had hug mudder tires on it, i thought once i get the stock size back on that it would help my bottom end but it did not! To me it feels like my torgue converter is locking up to soon. Once i have the rpm's up a little it "loosens" up and goes like hell. This is saving my tires and keeping the tickets away, but i would still like for my truck to perform the way it is intended to!! Any help would be very nice, thanks in advance.
Old October 29th, 2007, 12:50 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: my first post!

Welcome to ChevroletForum.com!!!!!!!!!!!

Try posting your question in the applicable truck section of this forum to get more responses. Good luck
Old October 29th, 2007, 9:27 AM
CF Senior Member

Welcome to the Chevrolet Forum!!

Old October 29th, 2007, 11:43 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the welcome!! i'll move my question to the correct spot.
Old November 2nd, 2007, 8:47 AM
CF Beginner

Check to see if the previous owner didn't re-program the truck for the larger tires. This could be a cause for less than stellar acceleration. If you have a friend at the dealer he could see if there is an update for your trucks computer and reflash the computer for free and you would be back to stock. You could see if your speedometer is off by testing ( I assume you know what I mean) with someone who has stock size tires and knows for sure his/her computer has not been modified. Lastly you could reset your computer by taking off the battery cables (both) either overnight or with both cables off the battery touch them together for a minute or so. That will reset the relearn process on your computer (that won't remove previous programming for larger tires if that was done) and your truck my find its lost acceleration again. Make sure that you use quality fuel also. If you use crummy brand of fuel that has lower octane than it is supposed to have, your computer could have pulled out timing advance because it sensed spark knock and you would not have the same pep as it should have. By resetting the computer and putting in good fuel you could get back your power. A new set of plugs wouldn't hurt things either or at least look at them to see if they need replacing.
Old November 4th, 2007, 8:04 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks superchip! I'll try pulling off the cables for night. The onboard pc was not re-proggramed for the tires. thanks for the info i'll check on all of them!!