New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

New Chevy Owner

Search this Thread

Old August 6th, 2006, 2:17 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Chevy Owner

Hey everyone,......just bought my very first ever Chevy about 2.5 weeks ago and hopefully I will have many many years of good service. We bought a 2006 Suburban, seats 9, locking rear diff., cloth seats, etc:. We went for the basic model because of course it was cheaper, but we wanted to get one of the left over 2006 models to get the rebate. They were offering the $6000 rebate so after all was said and done we pulled away from the Dealer with a $29,557 price. Not bad considering it had an MSRP of $39,540.

The ride is pretty comfortable, but I notice that when I'm rolling along around 75-80 miles an hours, and I'd hit a bump or where the blacktop meet's the concrete road the steering vibration kinda blows. In other words,.....the front end feel's light and not very grounded. My wifes Nissan Quest with 154,000 miles does better then that. Also,.....we are dropping the vehjicle off tomorrow at the dealer because when I hit the brakes, I'm hearing a clunk noise. It sounds as if it's from the front left, but then I was hearing it once in a while from the rear right side. I then noticed it when I would give the truck gas from a stop, and the sound would do it again. Almost like to knuckles were bucking against each other and breaking free. Anyway's,....when I described the noise to the service guy, he seemed to know right away what it was even though I said it could be a caliper. He said something about the suspension system blah blah blah. He said that this part would have to be replaced and that they were having issues with this. Hmmmmm, anyone heard of this? (I'm repost this problem in the tech area for a better response)

Also added a 10.2" TV to the truck from Best Buy. The wife and kids love this thing. Went to Nags Head with family and they stayed quiet the whole ride, plus last night got back from Connecticut with the same results. (I love when they are all quiet).
Old August 6th, 2006, 9:56 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Chevy Owner

welcome to the forum.