New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

New Chevy Silverado owner from Raleigh NC

Search this Thread

Old February 15th, 2014, 2:17 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Chevy Silverado owner from Raleigh NC

Hi guys,

I'm a new 2000 chevy C2500 silverado 6.0L V8 owner - this is actually the first truck I've ever owned as well as the first 4-wheeled vehicle I've ever owned and so far I love this thing - it's old, beaten up and rusted out ... just like me I've owned it about 3 months and have mostly been driving it when the weather sucks, which has been alot lately if you're living in the south east USA.

I'm also a gear head and try to do all my own maint work when I can. I'm looking forward to learning more about the silverado and doing my own maintenance and repairs on it. It seems like this forum is a pretty good place to share ideas and it looks like there are a lot of knowledgeable people on here.

Here's a pic of the chevy encased in about 1/4 inch of ice after the most recent snow storm this week - it was great I got to hang out in traffic for 6 hours on Wednesday ... all I have to say is people don't know how to drive in the snow out here but at least I didn't end up in a ditch or a wreck like so many people I saw on the road. One guy did rear end me but this thing is such a rock their car took all the damage while I made like Johny and kept on walking.

And being a 2 RWD it's a blast and a half to go "drifting" in the snow when it does come down.
Attached Thumbnails New Chevy Silverado owner from Raleigh NC-iceencasedtruck.jpg  

Last edited by Boltz; February 15th, 2014 at 2:22 AM.
Old February 15th, 2014, 4:18 AM
Senior Site Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pleasure hearing from you Boltz. Make sure to add some pictures of your car to the Gallery and checkout our current photos while you're at it
Old February 15th, 2014, 9:40 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad you have something you can have some fun in.