New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

New to the forum. Wagon guy here!

Search this Thread

Old February 16th, 2020, 10:31 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the forum. Wagon guy here!

Hi guys!
Great to be here! Have a wagon and a half. The '84 Olds I own. The 84 Olds is like new. I've done some detailing (polishing and conditioning inside,outside and in the engine compartment). Fixing the minor things that are broken. Mostly just enjoying the car on nice days. The 87 Pontiac Parisienne Safari wagon I gave to my folks. I still am upgrading and maintaining it. Folks use it to tow the trailer. Get some really shocked looks when it pulls into the campsite. Came with documents and reciepts to almost new. I have learned a lot on that car. My friend gave it to me since she could't keep it anymore. The car was sideswiped by the older gentleman that had it before her. Pulled the dents out with the slide hammer and a stud welder. Also repaired the drivers floor with pieces from a Buick Roadmaster. Floor was the same. Also welded in a patch I made on the drivers quarter panel. As well as the passengers rear wheel tub. Still has an Olds 307. Put a trailer package on it. Pulls the 21' trailer but tops out at 80 km/hour. Have plans to put a 350 in it as well as a posi rear end. As well as pitting in the air compressor and lines to the rear. Been collecting parts since I got the car 10 years ago. Majority of the parts came from my favorite parts place that just closed down. Can't afford new stuff. I look forward to talking with everyone here!

This Pontiac owes me nothing. It's worked really hard the time I've owned it. Love to drive it. Found some Buick Rally rims. Have Olds tail lights on it right now because I haven't found Pontiac ones in good shape. Had to change the nose on it becase a huge piece of something bounced off a truck and hit it. Cracking badly. Couldn't believe it was good to tow 5000lbs. Trailer is 3800lbs dry. So cool!

Stetching her legs and getting her warmed up on a nice day. Really nice car. 113xxxkm or 70xxx miles. Like new on the inside. Original paint has a nice shine to it.

Last edited by wagonguy; February 16th, 2020 at 10:46 PM.
Old February 16th, 2020, 10:54 PM
I'm here for the party

Received 71 Likes on 66 Posts

welcome from maryland. how much can they tow?
Old February 18th, 2020, 1:05 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Irish_alley
welcome from maryland. how much can they tow?
Thanks for the welcome! My 87 can tow 5000 lbs with the stock brakes and engine. This info came from the RV dealership. It has to do with what the car can stop if the trailer brakes fail.This was after I installed air shocks and the Moog variable spring rate rear springs along with a class 3 hitch. The rv place installed the trailer wiring.

Last edited by wagonguy; February 18th, 2020 at 1:32 AM.