New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

New Here! With a question.

Search this Thread

Old August 24th, 2006, 6:51 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Here! With a question.

Hey everyone!

I am new to this site, but I have heard from lots of people that you know what you are talking about. I have decided to rebuild my 1988 Chevy k1500 truck, mostly for it to tow better. The engine is a 5.7L 350. It has the A.I.R. (air injector reactor) on the exhaust. I was wondering if it is ok to remove the A.I.R. system completly from the exhaust? I am putting headers on the truck and I do not have the ones with the A.I.R. adapter because they were more expensive. Would it be better to just drill into each tube of the headers and add a tude for the A.I.R. or will removing everything still allow the truck to run? I am changing the whole exhaust and upgrading the catalytic converter to help with emissions. Thank you for your time.
Old August 24th, 2006, 11:37 PM
CF Senior Member

Default RE: New Here! With a question.

welcome to the forum. if you have the skill and time to put the tubes in you my as well do it now befor you change the exaust and deside latter that you should have donme it anyway.
Old August 25th, 2006, 3:17 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks. Would it cause any problems with the computer though, and I would get an engine light?
Old August 25th, 2006, 5:53 PM
CF Senior Member

i would think that it shouldent cuse to many problems ifits done like the factory. you could phone a local mufler shop and ask if they have ever done anything like what you want to do ands see what they have to say about it. hope that helps a bit.