New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

New(ish) to the Chevy scene

Search this Thread

Old February 15th, 2019, 8:32 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New(ish) to the Chevy scene

Well, I guess I can't say I'm new to it entirly.
I work for a Ford dealership, and the other week a pretty decent looking 2000 Sububan 2500 LT rolled onto the lot. I ended up being the one to work on it, and fell in love with it, so I bought it. And immediatly got heat from almost all the other mechanics. LOL. But what can I say, I have a soft spot for Suburbans since I grew up in a red GMT400. Until this, I've owned a Jeep Cherokee since I was 15, and that thing is not leaving my side unless someone prys the keys from my dead hands. I also have an old retired Crown Victoria police car for daily driving, though I might let that go to trade in on a high level Marquis or Town Car... But hey, I have one from each of the big three!

Anyways background on myself. I've been floating around between brands in the Automotive world since 2012. First Ford, then Nissan, then VW, then I worked for a midas becuase I apparently hate myself, then Chevy/Caddy, then GMC/Isuzu. And now I'm back at Ford. No particular reason, other than they where the first ones to call me when I moved to Wyoming. When I was working for GM, I was a mechanic for one year, then moved over to being a parts pusher. So while I have some basic knowledge of newer GMs (What little I can remember now), I'm clueless on the older stuff like my '00 Suburban. Also all that knowledge is of OEM parts and stuff. Like how overpriced it all is. And how somethig this old just has a ton of discontinued parts on it. Soooo, I'm gonna need help finding parts and accesories. But for now, I just need to get this thing running correctly, and safely.

Old February 21st, 2019, 1:27 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Welcome to the forum.