New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

New (to me) 2011 Malibu now part of the family

Search this Thread

Old August 17th, 2018, 9:28 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New (to me) 2011 Malibu now part of the family

Just saying hello. Bought a 2011 Malibu 2LT with 72k for $7500 last week for my daughter. She really loves it. Me, meh, could be better. Already starting to see minor issues, ugh.
Old August 17th, 2018, 9:56 AM
CF Monarch

Received 337 Likes on 318 Posts

You will see minor issues with all 7 year old cars. As long as there are no major issues, you should be happy.
Old August 17th, 2018, 10:05 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks. Minor stuff, slow leak in a tire, remote start doesn't work, check engine light on for something they are fixing tomorrow.
Old September 3rd, 2018, 10:24 PM
CF Beginner

I have a 2012 Malibu base model with 180k miles on it now.

Here is a list of the annoying things that happened to it besides regular maintenance and just being on top of everything.

Steering Collumn had to be changed out due to it going out. In 2012 they put the Electronic Steering in standard to all Malibu vehicles.
Exhaust manifold cracked and would pour exhaust into the car unless I had the air recirculate on. I put it off for quite awhile and finally fixed it.
I think I had to do a catalytic converter.
Recently one headlight is turning off sometimes. Acts like a loose connection or something. The headlights on these are really annoying to do.

Other than that this has been a great vehicle and I drive it everyday pretty much.