New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

new member... from the import crowd!

Search this Thread

Old October 5th, 2010, 4:47 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new member... from the import crowd!

Hi there all, I thought I would make a presentation thread before I go spam the help section

So the name is Jerome, french canadian from nova scotia (born in quebec) and it is my first experiment with a domestic vehicle. My dad used to have a wicked Custom C20 truck and I think that it is partly why I went with a chevy van when I was in the market for a cheap (-1000$) full size van.

My others vehicle would be a Toyota celica GT 1984 (sold, was an awesome winter beater) and my current street/track car, a datsun 200SX with quite a few mods.

The reason why I went looking for a cheap full size van was that I wanted something that I could sleep in while carrying my tools and tow the car to the track (which is more than 4hrs away)

So I ended up buying this 1989 Chevy Van, although it is tagged as a GMC on the van, paper say it's a Chevy.. whatever since they are both the same...i think.

Name:  IMG_1679-1.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  103.4 KB

Name:  IMG_0780.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  88.6 KB

And the street/racecar

Was following/catching up in curves 911s on a wet track that day! good fun!

So 900$CAD, no floor up front (welded a new floor panel already), a 305 TBI in good shape but that had very little maintenance in the past years I think.. unknown mileage (the gauge just have 5digits?? is that even normal?) so I believe it's on his 300 000km.. or his 200 000km.

I mostly registered here to, at first, understand how the hell a TBI system is, and in the long run how to improve the van (with fuel mileage and towing capability in mind.) oh and I've been told the van is a 3/4 tons so I guess it can tow a bit?

Anyway hi folks and see you arounds!