New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

New member mom posting for son

Search this Thread

Old May 25th, 2016, 4:38 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member mom posting for son

Looking forward to some good advice. I gave my 2000 Silverado to my 16 year old son. I have had the truck myself for about 8 years. It's been an awesome vehicle to say the least. Unfortunately, it's that time in the trucks life for things to start going bad. My son is doing 95% of the work needed on the truck himself. He has an amazing ability to step up and fix just about anything needed. From time to time he gets stuck beyond anyone's local advice. This week has been one of those times. The ignition locked up. He pulled the old one out and installed the new one. To all of our surprise the dang ole thing won't fire up. The key turns just fine. He's disconnected the battery for 1/2 hr. Still nothing. I have turned this account over to him in hopes he can get some good advice. Thanks in advance to anyone willing to help.

Last edited by Autumn_Lynn; May 25th, 2016 at 5:12 PM. Reason: Adding info
Old May 25th, 2016, 7:33 PM
Administrator

Received 157 Likes on 155 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Best to ask your question over in the Silverado section for more views and answers.