New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

New member from Pacific NW

Search this Thread

Old September 23rd, 2009, 2:27 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member from Pacific NW

Hi all,

I live in the Pac Northwest just north of the border. I just bought a 1997 Silverado 2500 extended cab 4x4 with the 454. It was meant to be just a part time use, drag home reno garbage to the dump, get a load of rocks kind of truck, but I REALLY LIKE DRIVING IT. Too bad about the gas mileage, though. About all it needs are a rear transmission mount and a rear transmission main seal (output shaft seal).

I bought a 1980 GMC 1500 brand new and as soon as it passed the 12 month warranty period it started popping through the intake. The dealer would do NOTHING for me, so I had to replace the camshaft myself (305). One lobe was completely round like a bearing journal and another was almost as bad. After a new cam, intake, carb and headers it worked like a top for years, but I swore I'd never have another GM vehicle. Now, 29 years later, I finally got one. I wasn't going to, but it was a really good deal compared to the Fords I was looking at.

There's a cubby hole in the dash for a factory CD player. Does anyone know if it can be simply plugged into the existing factory stereo wiring (if I get one at a wrecker)? The factory set-up still sounds good (for a factory unit) so I'd rather just keep it.

Cheers,
Glenn