New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

New From SoCal

Search this Thread

Old February 12th, 2010, 2:24 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New From SoCal

Hey Y'all, just picked up a new to me, used 2005 Chevy Z71 ext cab pickup. I needed the room and 4x4 - as I like to play in the snow.

Anyways...been lurking for a while - diggin up ideas - I have a head unit I want to get into the truck asap as I also have a satellite radio that goes with it. Any ideas on easiest way to do this? I've ordered a shop manual dvd thru ebay to help me - as I'm unfamiliar with chevy trucks (been since 93 that I owned one). I have the bose system - but already want to get rid of the headunit and probably gut the whole thing eventually. Not sure yet how far I will go. Again - any ideas - any directions any one can point me in...would be helpful. thanks again! And HELLO!

bluemonstr - first internet moniker from my 92 Chevy Truck - which was my 'bluemonstr'. LOL Fitting that I'm back in a Chevy Truck again!
Old February 12th, 2010, 3:58 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

welcome to the forum!
Old February 13th, 2010, 1:41 PM
CF Monarch

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts

Welcome to the Chevrolet forum! Glad to have you along!

If you need any help with the site, just let me know.
Old February 15th, 2010, 9:04 AM
CF Veteran

Chevy is good and welcome to the CF. Post in the proper section and the help and ideas will come rolling in. Folks here are tops.
Old February 15th, 2010, 6:09 PM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum. looking forward to seeing pics of your ride.. so what else are you looking at gutting on your truck right off the bat? just wondering!
Old February 19th, 2010, 12:32 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by blondie_190v
welcome to the forum. looking forward to seeing pics of your ride.. so what else are you looking at gutting on your truck right off the bat? just wondering!
Sorry I didn't mean for it to sound like that (that I was going to gut the truck), I only meant gutting the radio and amp...since i have a headunit and satellite radio AND amplifier already.

However, I have already made a quick change to my z71 stickers...I found these and HAD to have them...

Old February 19th, 2010, 12:37 PM
CF Beginner

Welcome from one noob to another! I have a 2005 also but it is a CC Sierra. I really love the 5.3 engine. It is my first GM pickup truck, not counting the '53 Chevy 2 ton flatbed I had back in '75. All my other pickups have been Fords. A few years ago we bought a Cadillac. It was probably the nicest c<!>ar I ever owned. When it came time to trade it, I was so impressed I went for the GMC. And the GMC is far more trouble free than the Caddy.

Still, I would buy another Caddy. I think their self diagnostic is just too good and gets you back to the shop all the time. All covered under warranty, so no problem.