New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

Newbie here, from Santa Cruz CA

Search this Thread

Old June 22nd, 2009, 4:44 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie here, from Santa Cruz CA

Hey all,

Just got myself a new toy, it's a used 05 Silverado. It's got 83000 miles, I picked it up from a dealer for $7200.00, Truck runs perfect, V6 is fine for me as my speed fix is done on a motorcycle and don't haul too much except for the streetbike.

I have the jumpseat w/out the console. It sucks not having a place to put my arm other that across the top of the seat. I did look high and low for a new center console on ebay and found the jumpseat consoles but none match perfect, so I am hesitant on getting one. I did find a great option for those looking...it's called the commuter bench seat console, it nearly matched perfect. With that little addition my ride is much more comfortable on long hauls.

I've had the truck for 2 months now and I'm averaging about 18mi/gal. It's got the 30 gal tank so I travel for days, I love that.

My next upgrade was tinting the windows, much better in the heat now, cab is so much cooler.

Next planned upgrade: Valor Navigation nvg-606w from Crutchfield. it's 499.99, I use my truck for my sales vehicle. So navigation is in order! I was going to do a simple stereo coupled with an new iphone to give me the navigation, but decided against it.

I really like this truck, it drives great, super smooth!

One thing that is annoying is when you hit a nice bump, like the entrance to a driveway, or a mere white traffic dot, there is a plate or guard loose somewhere under back left of the bed and it is making loud noise anytime I hit a bump. I cannot locate this rattle, and have begun to live with it.

-Jeromy
Attached Thumbnails Newbie here, from Santa Cruz CA-dsc03943.jpg   Newbie here, from Santa Cruz CA-dsc03946.jpg   Newbie here, from Santa Cruz CA-dsc03955.jpg   Newbie here, from Santa Cruz CA-dsc03965.jpg  
Old June 22nd, 2009, 5:02 PM
CF Beginner

Welcome to the site,from the North Bay.Clean Truck!!
Old June 22nd, 2009, 10:21 PM
CF Monarch

Received 27 Likes on 9 Posts

Welcome to the Chevrolet Forum!
Hope you enjoy it here. Nice truck also
Old June 22nd, 2009, 10:32 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the forum my friend!
Old June 23rd, 2009, 2:00 AM
CF Beginner

Exclamation

whats the ratlle sound like? I have an 07 and right off the lot i noticed a rattle from my lr took months to figure it out..i was washing my truck and was scrubbing the bedside and heard the same noise found that my tail light wasnt fit properly..for the day or two i just took it apart and put taper around the part of the light that is inserted into the bed side. might wanna check that out..
Old June 23rd, 2009, 10:53 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks ya'll. I will look into the tail light, maybe that's it, who knows. I don't know how to describe the sound, but I'll try... It sounds like a metal plate that is bolted on one side and loose on the other, so when a bump hits, the plate rattles then stops almost immediately, until the next bump that is.

Anyways, glad to be here and will utilize the site as much as possible. But hopefully I won't have any problems, and focus on the other fun stuff.

-Jeromy