Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

Not happy with MY Cruz

Search this Thread

Old April 19th, 2012, 8:08 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Not happy with MY Cruz

I'm a new member and my name is Lisa. I purchased my Chevy Cruze on a lease back in August. Needless to say I'm so disappointed in the car!! Most of my driving is city and the shifting of the transmission is dangerous!! Hesitation, getting stuck in 3rd gear, and sometimes car almost stalls to the point where I've almost beed rearended several times. It only has 3000 miles on it and I have taken it back to dealership. Their response: Unfortunately this is how the Cruze was made. Too many gears for a small engine. Now, I, as a female come from a mechanical family. This is so not normal. The gas mileage for city driving suffers tremendously due to this issue.
Now, I've heard that they are also looking at the possibility of car fires associated with the Cruze. The manufacturers blame poor maintenance and not driving the car properly. Hello: poor maintenance on a car with less than 5000 miles. Driving the car improperly: Get in turn the key and drive is not hard to do. (well it is for this one). I know others are experiencing the exact same issues. Any word on what they are planning to do?

Last edited by in2pro; December 30th, 2012 at 7:43 AM. Reason: Changed title per readers request
Old April 19th, 2012, 9:47 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

lmhall2004,

I'm sorry to hear of the trouble with your Cruze vehicle. You stated that you have taken the vehicle to the dealer, were they able to duplicate the issues you are having? Have you contacted Customer Service regarding these issues?

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old April 19th, 2012, 11:03 AM
CF Monarch

Received 337 Likes on 318 Posts

Lemon Law!!!!! Keep after them. I have a Cruze that the wife drives with 4200 miles and these things have not occurred, as of yet anyway.
Old April 20th, 2012, 7:55 AM
CF Beginner

GM CS: They say there is nothing they can do. It's just the way the car was made. The hesitation and shoddy change in gears is ridiculous. I am in a high traffic city with stop and go traffic constantly. The transmission is not made to adjust unless you are at a complete stop. The car was purchased at a dealership in Indiana but I have been dealing with one much closer to home. That dealership says they hear this so much from the owners but have not seen anything mechanically wrong. Now I have not had it on a highway trip yet but hope it performs better than city.
Old April 20th, 2012, 7:59 AM
CF Beginner

oldchevy..how can I keep after them when they say nothing is wrong. They know there are alot of complaints and I am not gonna waste my time to take it to a dealership, be without a car for a day to be told nothing is wrong. I'm just aggrivated and upset because this is the first Chevy I went back to after being a Hyundai and Honda owner in past. Not impressed.
Old April 20th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

lmhall2004,

Would you please PM me your VIN number? I would like to research this further to see if I can find any additional information.

I look forward to your reply.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old April 21st, 2012, 2:26 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by lmhall2004
I'm a new member and my name is Lisa. I purchased my Chevy Cruze on a lease back in August. Needless to say I'm so disappointed in the car!! Most of my driving is city and the shifting of the transmission is dangerous!! Hesitation, getting stuck in 3rd gear, and sometimes car almost stalls to the point where I've almost beed rearended several times. It only has 3000 miles on it and I have taken it back to dealership. Their response: Unfortunately this is how the Cruze was made. Too many gears for a small engine. Now, I, as a female come from a mechanical family. This is so not normal. The gas mileage for city driving suffers tremendously due to this issue.
Now, I've heard that they are also looking at the possibility of car fires associated with the Cruze. The manufacturers blame poor maintenance and not driving the car properly. Hello: poor maintenance on a car with less than 5000 miles. Driving the car improperly: Get in turn the key and drive is not hard to do. (well it is for this one). I know others are experiencing the exact same issues. Any word on what they are planning to do?

I am very happy with my 2.0 VCDI auto 150 bhp CRUZE in the UK after two years no problems, want to buy a new one but waiting to see when Chevrolet wake up and provide, tyre pressure monitor, powered foldback door mirrors & day notice running lights. I find the instrumentation is very poor compared with my previous two Dodge Calibers but the CRUZE drives much better with excellent roadholding, albeit the ride is very firm, No Watts Z link suspension. A I.6 would appear to be very underpowered for a heavy car and should be avoided. and especially a manual for City use.

Last edited by Disbeliever; April 21st, 2012 at 2:30 AM.
Old April 21st, 2012, 7:32 AM
CF Monarch

Received 337 Likes on 318 Posts

I was referring more to the 1-800 customer service number. The more people that call and complain, the more likely they are to do something about it.
Old June 2nd, 2012, 1:08 PM
CF Junior Member

American made 2011 is a POS-and it gets REALLY tiresome when all you're ever told is"that's the way this car is"!Well,GM-you've lost this 40 year plus loyal customer-and because of the treatment you've given for problems-lost 2 top of the line SUV's( $50,000 x 2 to Toyota) a crewcab( $48,000 to Ford) and a Prius as opposed to a Volt-just in my immediate family...and I'm from a big farming family.Just remember-Karma can be a real Bi**h!
Old June 3rd, 2012, 4:05 AM
CF Junior Member

As Chevrolet UK have not woken up GoodbyeCruze, still no sign of all the missing items wanted detailed in my previous post. The windscreen is poor quality and attracts stone chips, very poor fuel consumption only 27.8 mpg combined for a Diesel is appalling. Existing 2012 Hatch can be purchased with a £5K discount, shows car is not selling.

Quick Reply: Not happy with MY Cruz