Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

Not happy with MY Cruz

Search this Thread

Old July 3rd, 2012, 8:46 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We see this issue every now and then with customers at our dealership.

The Cruze has a 6 speed automatic transmission. Most people are coming from an older Impala, down sizing, or from a Cobalt, making the transition. These cars had 4 speed automatic transmissions. Customers need to understand that a 6 speed, computer controlled transmission is going to feel, and shift differently than their previous vehicles.

However, if you keep insisting that something is wrong, your dealership may offer to go the route of a GM buy back.

Last edited by Andy Talenda; July 3rd, 2012 at 9:19 PM.
Old July 4th, 2012, 7:36 AM
CF Junior Member

I have the 2010 model Daewoo Lacetti/Cruze and I find the six speed autobox to be excellent no problems after 20,000 miles. Worst feature of the car is the bone shaking ride, cheap suspension and the very poor specification which does not match the US one. No TPMS, No knee Airbag protection,No DRLS, No powered foldback door mirrors and on the latest models No space saver spare wheel. I shall not be buying another Cruze. All cars should be supplied with space saver spare wheel. DO NOT BUY ANY CAR WITHOUT ONE.

Last edited by Disbeliever; July 5th, 2012 at 3:31 AM.
Old July 4th, 2012, 8:56 AM
CF Beginner

I agree with what your saying, but at least in the US, it is clearly marked on the window sticker "Inflator Kit (In place of compact spare)". This is to reduce the weight of the vehicle to somewhat improve the fuel mileage. A compact spare is a $100 option.
Old July 4th, 2012, 10:52 AM
CF Junior Member

So far this car has been a piece of crap-the transmission is still lousy(high rpms 1st gears,audible reving with very little pressure on gas) temp gauge & date now work off & on,paint peeling,previous-faulty solenoid that cut all power to car on Calgary's worst freeway,heater that quit,seat belt in rear not reliable,shooting oil all over under hood-no cause found,gas mileage worse than neighbour's crew cab....I could go on & on. Dealer's answer to all-"That's the way this car is." Well,GM-you've lost this lifelong GM buyer-and so far this year at least $250,000 in sales to my family.
Old July 5th, 2012, 3:35 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by Andy Talenda
I agree with what your saying, but at least in the US, it is clearly marked on the window sticker "Inflator Kit (In place of compact spare)". This is to reduce the weight of the vehicle to somewhat improve the fuel mileage. A compact spare is a $100 option.
This an absolute disgraceful nonsense from the manufacturers, the weight of the space saver spare is absolutely nothing compared to the weight of one passenger, there would be no fuel saving by omitting the space saver at best miniscule. The rip-off makers are only concerned with cost savings the bastards. Incidently I have the diesel auto 2.0 vcdi it only gets 27.8 mpg Town & Motorway combined. So avoid the Diesel when it gets to the US.

Last edited by Disbeliever; July 5th, 2012 at 3:38 AM.
Old July 26th, 2012, 9:10 PM
CF Junior Member

The Cruze-the gift that keeps on giving...got 2 recall notices today-one that welding"may have been omitted" and if in a crash,fuel tank could catch on fire.Haven't heard about that one-the word "Pinto" comes to mind!
Old August 1st, 2012, 10:50 AM
CF Junior Member

Andy Telenda- I have a Malibu 2.2l 4spd auto and got a 2011 Impala with 6sp auto when my Mazda 3 got hit and flipped over, I did notice a difference but it wasn't like anything described here. I don't think GM would design a transmission that doesn't shift or engage. Sounds like the same old BS they keep trying to feed us when they design a POS and don't want to admit it. Cars cost way to much to be having major problems at less than 10,000 miles. I think I will be going with another brand for my next car, Hyundai, KIA, Mazda, Honda, Toyota, Nissan, notice a pattern here?
Old August 2nd, 2012, 3:41 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by scorpion48
Andy Telenda- I have a Malibu 2.2l 4spd auto and got a 2011 Impala with 6sp auto when my Mazda 3 got hit and flipped over, I did notice a difference but it wasn't like anything described here. I don't think GM would design a transmission that doesn't shift or engage. Sounds like the same old BS they keep trying to feed us when they design a POS and don't want to admit it. Cars cost way to much to be having major problems at less than 10,000 miles. I think I will be going with another brand for my next car, Hyundai, KIA, Mazda, Honda, Toyota, Nissan, notice a pattern here?
I am buying the New Kia Ceed '2' 1.6 auto Diesel, The 6 speed auto box functions in exactly the same way as the one on my current Cruze 2.0 vcdi which has been trouble free over 20,000 miles. As posted previously I shall not be buying another Chev Cruze because UK buyers are being ripped off with an inferior specification the car is basically a Daewoo Lacetti. Only 6 airbags, No DRL, No powered foldback door mirrors, No space saver on latest models, No auto Door lock, No TPMS, poor quality windscreen & plastic, No auto Diesel. 2 litre one discontinued. latest mpg has improved to 31 overall.

Last edited by Disbeliever; August 2nd, 2012 at 3:42 AM. Reason: ommission
Old August 3rd, 2012, 9:14 AM
CF Junior Member

Default good to know

Originally Posted by Disbeliever
I am buying the New Kia Ceed '2' 1.6 auto Diesel, The 6 speed auto box functions in exactly the same way as the one on my current Cruze 2.0 vcdi which has been trouble free over 20,000 miles. As posted previously I shall not be buying another Chev Cruze because UK buyers are being ripped off with an inferior specification the car is basically a Daewoo Lacetti. Only 6 airbags, No DRL, No powered foldback door mirrors, No space saver on latest models, No auto Door lock, No TPMS, poor quality windscreen & plastic, No auto Diesel. 2 litre one discontinued. latest mpg has improved to 31 overall.
It's good to know that this is a Daewoo. I've known a few people that have owned Daewoos and lets just say IT'S NOT GOOD. They were junk little cars, one had engine failure after only 4000 miles and one failed to start and the dealer could not get it to start either. So why build a Chevy off this platform? Because it's cheaper! It's about money not a quality product.
Old August 3rd, 2012, 9:31 AM
CF Junior Member

Sigh-we should have all seen the light when the Cruze didn't have cruise!

Quick Reply: Not happy with MY Cruz