New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

Newbie from Kauai

Search this Thread

Old July 1st, 2012, 10:59 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie from Kauai

Well, I've never owned a pickup before, let alone a Chevy pickup, so this is new territory for me. And this is from a guy who's owned Porsches, Alfa Romeos, Triumphs, MGs, Lotus, BMWs, Mercedes, Landrovers, Landcruisers, Broncos -- even an Aston Martin.

I'm in an area where pickup trucks are the rage. Everyone seems to have at least one pickup, and because of the nature of the island, 4WD is the norm.

Mine is older but still pretty cool. It was owned by a chevy dealer who used it off road and added suspension and interior components.

The only problem is non-working A/C and busted seats.

Aloha.
Old July 2nd, 2012, 6:34 AM
CF Beginner

Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you're ready for and adventure. Add some pics and include your beautiful island if possible.

Aloha and Mahalo.
Old July 2nd, 2012, 7:21 AM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by rjkenn
Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you're ready for and adventure. Add some pics and include your beautiful island if possible.

Aloha and Mahalo.
Thats an understatement!
Old July 3rd, 2012, 12:30 PM
CF Beginner

Default Kauai travels....

Thanks for the welcome messages, guys. Mahalo. I've only just started on my truck and will send photos soon. As I said, it's an older 'island' truck so it's not impressive looking but it'll get me where I want to go. That includes Waimea Canyon (for those of you who have never been to Kauai, looks like the Grand Canyon with waterfalls, and you can see the Pacific off to the left, and Polihale, an isolated beach and great surf spot (at times) but you need a truck to get there, primarily because it's an old sugar cane road that's not well maintained. You'll break the axle of a car.

Anyway, I've though I've been here most of my life, I"ve lived in in the foothills above Boulder Colorado the last few years, where 4WD is a requirement.

Anyway, thanks for the warm greetings!
Old July 5th, 2012, 12:23 AM
Site Ambassador

Aloha!! Welcome to the Forums. I spent a few weeks working around Schofield Baracks at Wheeler and a did a little work at Ford Island, maaaaaaany years ago.... man I miss those days. tropical paradise on a stick! lol... but Florida will do. Lets see that truck!