New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

read me

Search this Thread

Old September 10th, 2005, 2:20 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default read me

Just doing my intro here- I am 32 yrs old. Been involved with the family businessMelrose T-Topsmanufacturing Corvette parts and racing Corvettes and other chebbies for most of my life. I am a chevy guy a heart butmy love for the bowtie in recent years has been slowlydiminishing due to General Motors designs, visions, and decisions, or lack thereof. As I get older and my needs change (sometimes more rapidly due to the recent fuel crisis) Ihave had many questions for GM/Chevy but nobody to ask or to voice my opinions to. I am hoping I can join up with you all here andvoice my opinions in hope of some GM suit reading it one day. </P>

I have many complaints with GMrecently but the one that drove me here was the lack of understanding with GM's unapparent need to produce a fuel efficient car that will compete with VW TDI, prius', and Civic Hybrids. Why am I so concerned you ask. Three reasons- one; I Work 40 miles from home, two; I think the gas crisis is here to stay, three; it concerns me that Chevrolet fails to see the hugesales possibilities associated with an affordable high mileage car in their fleet. I checked into it and unless I am wrong I see nothing on their burners involving a diesel powered compact. Chevrolet has bragged about having 6 or so cars in their current fleet that get 30 mpg, but I am sorry that's nowhere near the 50 mpg the aforementioned cars a re getting.</P>

I am out for now. I 'm tired. I'll check back in the morning. I have a life with two wonderful kids so forgive me if it takes a little while to post replies.</P>

Later Chris</P>

</P>
Old September 10th, 2005, 2:23 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default read me

By the way- I don't see a forum where this topic would belong. Anybody have any advice where to discuss this?