New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

Returning to GM!

Search this Thread

Old December 13th, 2012, 3:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Returning to GM!

Hey gang!

I have been a GM guy since birth, thanks to my dad. He has ALWAYS driven GM and I followed suit as I grew up. I even have 2 '76 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight Regency coupes, one of which was my dad's that I've fully restored.

A while back I started getting frustrated with the decline in quality and style of the cars in the 80's and 90's and so I went to Honda. Although I always wanted to be back in GM cars, I had exceptional luck with 3 different generation Accords that I owned, most recently an '02 EX Coupe that I had for 6 fantastic years.

As I now have a family of my own, I had to trade in the coupe for an SUV and I thought the logical step up was to a CRV. I got a good deal on a loaded mint condition 2010 which I was very happy with at first since it was the newest, most untouched car I've ever owned. It's only been 9 months since I bought it and I have to say, I'm not loving it. The road noise is higher than any car I've ever driven and this is apparently how they are. There are a number of things about it that make it feel cheap and make me feel less proud to drive it.

This brings me to my current thought process. I know GM has made massive improvements to their products. My wife has an '08 Saturn Vue that we both love. It's had a few issues over the 5 years we have it, but it's a great car to drive and VERY quiet. She has the 3.5L V6 and it is QUICK! I've had my eye on the latest generation Equinox for some time now. I've heard the previous gen had some issues and that the new ones are much better.

I'm seriously thinking about getting out of the CRV and into a 2010-2012 Equinox LT1/LT2 or LTZ (I'm still looking into the options packages and prices).

I'd like to get as many opinions as possible on the new Equinox (Nox as I've seen on here) and any first hand comparisons to CRV's that you guys may have.

My wife knows I'm not happy with the CRV and wants me to just go get the Chevy but I don't want to jump into another car without being sure I'm going to like it and be satisfied.

Really looking forward to hearing some positive feedback.

Thanks!
John
Old December 13th, 2012, 3:14 PM
Senior Site Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the site Coming back to GM, thanks for joining us!
Old December 13th, 2012, 4:55 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Welcome to the forum... be sure to check out other vehicle threads in this forum, I think you will find lots of information that crosses over with the GM line of cars and trucks
Old December 17th, 2012, 9:15 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys! Looking forward to learing a lot about the new Chevy cars and trucks!
John