New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

From the rockies

Search this Thread

Old September 5th, 2009, 3:15 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think we both know that a man is not fully a man, until a grandchild has touched and softened his heart. Mine were both born and spent the first four and two years of there lives in my home.
I would get ready for work at 3;30 and before i left i would sit in my chair and have a couple cups of coffee. Every morning AND I MEAN EVERY MORNING the oldest would stumble in sleepy eyed crawl up on my lap and say " Good Morning Papa" snuggle up in my shoulder and fall back to sleep. those are gods moments, a gift so strong and powerful that it softened a (Well lets just keep it as i have been around the block a time or two and I'm still kicking) mans heart and made him what he is today and not what he was or could of been ! Only the pure and innocent love of a grandchild can bend or change a hard mans heart and i am truly grateful for his intervention and precious gift ! I'm totally with ya boss! LOL Those two girls don't think twice about crawling under whatever I'm working on or grabbing up a wrench for me or getting dirty! There momma was the same way but doesn't seem to remember Hmm! Selective memory I'm sure! Now I've got one for you " Its a parents prerogative to change their minds in regards to there children, But Its a grandfathers prerogative to change it back in regards to his grandchildren THE POWERS THAT BE" Got it from something else changed it some, but it fits! Keep em coming !

Last edited by tm4hammer; September 5th, 2009 at 3:41 AM.
Old September 5th, 2009, 7:19 AM
Super Moderator
Ride of the Month
May 2009

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love the Suburban and the state of mind, I'm 50 and I'm still a kid at heart as well.
It does take a couple of hours every morning before I feel that way, I have stopped thinking of everything that feels bad in the morning, the list is too long, it's easier to list what feels good.
Old September 5th, 2009, 9:49 PM
CF Veteran

Thanks TM4HAMMER, certainly made my day with that one.
Old September 5th, 2009, 10:56 PM
CF Active Member

It took alot a years but i think i almost have it down! And hey I'll tell ya Ive been riding bikes since i was 10, My first Harley was in 76, A bicentennial edition FXE 1200,
i was the ripe age of 17, Bought it for $3,900 right off the showroom floor, Been on them since, So with one level fused with these cylinder looking things, i think they called them cages '"can't remember damn another sign " and another one fused with titanium rods and lord know what else, I am a regular customer at the same place you frequent every morning and it ait the international house of pancakes LOL
Now ask me if it was worth it or would i do things differently? i would have to reply to you, That i have no intention on leaving this world in a well preserved and fit body! Rather it is my full intention to leave this world in a beat up, worn out, broken down shell, having full knowledge, That i had experienced and seen everything this world had to offer,When i choose to depart this world I Will be seen sliding sideways into my grave at 100 miles an hour yelling HOLY SH.. ! what a ride !! ha ha i didn't make that one up but wish i had! Young at heart and your feet will follow!!Or so they say ! Looking at your tahoe and its build i can say we are of the same mind and will have no problem understanding what i meant ! That really is an impressive machine you have created ! it's got the look and the stanse, that tells a story all its own ! no words needed brother ! and thanks i appreciate such things even more when i see it comes from someone that builds in the same manner it speaks of itself ! That and anybody that calls himself mud and a maniac has to be good people !

Last edited by tm4hammer; September 5th, 2009 at 11:19 PM.
Old September 5th, 2009, 11:21 PM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by Gwampa
Thanks TM4HAMMER, certainly made my day with that one.
just returning the favor brother yours touched down deep as well thank-you !
Old September 6th, 2009, 7:21 AM
Super Moderator
Ride of the Month
May 2009

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think we need a new section for the forum elders. LOL
I'm feeling the love brother.