New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

Rolled my first 1K

Search this Thread

Old January 4th, 2013, 12:31 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rolled my first 1K

Hello,
My name is Dave and I live in Utah. On 12/12/12 I picked up a white 2013 Silverado LT extended cab with the 5.3, 3.42 gears, and the All Star and Convenience packages. Now first confession time, I have never had a GM product. My dad exclusively drives Buicks and loves them, but I never have had one. I have had 4 Toyotas, 2 Mazdas, an old Dodge, 2 Nissan and a Ford but this is new for me. Up until now, my only experence with a Chevy is the 2wd POS S10 Blazer that my wife's dad gave her before we met, and I made her sell it after spending three consecutive weekends trying to keep it running. So far however, 1005 miles in, and I love my truck! I am coming out of a 2005 4Runner Limited, which may have been my favorite vehicle I have ever owned, but so far I really haven't missed it other than the heated seats. Having lurked around on this forum for a couple weeks now and reading other peoples horror stories has made me a little paranoid that I didn't pick the right truck, but so far I have zero complaints. 1000 miles down, and 249000 to go. At least thats my goal.
Glad to be here,
Dave
Old January 4th, 2013, 4:32 AM
Senior Site Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome, sauerdave! Make sure to browse the forum for more info about your car and feel free to post any specific questions you have about your vehicle in the tech sections.
Old January 4th, 2013, 2:23 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> sauerdave,

Welcome and congratulations on your new Silverado! You’ve joined a great community with wonderfully knowledgeable members!

If you have any questions in the future, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old January 4th, 2013, 4:25 PM
CF Beginner

I own a 92 Silverado have NEVER had a problem with it.
Turned 200K this past September. Like a Rock!
Old January 5th, 2013, 12:53 PM
CF Active Member

Welcome to the site!! Congrats on the new truck!!
Old January 6th, 2013, 11:00 PM
CF Beginner

Thank you everyone, I look forward to getting to know all about my new truck!
Old January 7th, 2013, 8:37 AM
CF Junior Member

Welcome! what about some pics?
Old January 9th, 2013, 12:30 AM
CF Beginner

For now I will try to add a couple bad cell phone pics from the night after I got it. I haven't taken more because we have had crap weather for most of the last couple weeks and I want to give it a bath before I even bother with more pics. Also, for Christmas my wife ordered me a set of Aries wheel to wheel 4" oval step bars. A friend of ours owns a truck accessory business, and he gave her solid guidance when picking them out! Anyhow, they came in yesterday so I will install them this weekend and clean off the road gunk; then I will post a few good photos.
Old January 9th, 2013, 12:42 AM
CF Beginner

I got the pictures added to my profile, I guess I will have to mess with it a little bit to figure out how to post pictures to a comment. Sorry.
Old January 9th, 2013, 8:19 PM
CF Beginner

Default Photos

Like I said last night, I will add more this weekend, but I read about how to add photos to a post, so I wanted to give it a try.
Attached Thumbnails Rolled my first 1K-img_0048.jpg   Rolled my first 1K-img_0048-version-2.jpg  

Quick Reply: Rolled my first 1K