New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

Swandezvous, pleased to meet you!

Search this Thread

Old March 30th, 2017, 8:19 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swandezvous, pleased to meet you!

Hey everyone!
I drive a '96 Chevy Astro Gladiator conversion van. The radiator is blown, and I basically need to do an entire cooling system job, and other than the busted sliding door, and some lights that have come out of their housing, this is one of the best rigs I've ever owned! She's still purring like a kitten, in spite of the shape she's in.
I'm a musician who writes and records music, and I document that on a YouTube Channel. I also hope to document the work I do on the She Beast, once the resources avail themselves. I'm glad to make it on to a Chevy forum, finally. Growing up, the Ford v Chevy debates was in no ways silent in my home, as my mother drove a Ford Ranger, and my Grandfather owned only GM products. My grandpa was the engineer of the family, and I'd always wondered why he favored the Chevy, until I owned one.
Now, I'm glad to say I completely understand, now. It's that they're simply the best machines on the road, bar none. B-)
Glad to make it to the forum.

Last edited by Swan Dezvous; April 10th, 2017 at 6:41 PM. Reason: Private information not censored. Editing image to censor.
Old March 31st, 2017, 7:15 AM
CF Monarch

Received 337 Likes on 318 Posts

The 4.3 engine in that van is excellent. I have had several of them over the years. Replace the radiator and whatever else and enjoy it.
Old March 31st, 2017, 12:07 PM
CF Beginner

Yeah, my favorite part about it is that most people take a look, and you can see the wheels turning in their heads, like, "wow, that thing looks like junk."
but then when they're on the road, and I get on it, and she goes...... They feel the fury of the She-Beast!
I'm really trying to gain some capital so I can get her back in shape. I'll probably be looking at a tranny fluid change, and maybe even gaskets, if I'm able.
And then there's the stupid sliding door that doesn't shut! That.... Is the most frustrating issue....
But I'm hoping I can replace the sliding door to make it like the van on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles van, and give it a paint job to look like it too.
Old April 10th, 2017, 6:42 PM
CF Beginner

Howdy!