New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

Thought it was time to introduce me and my project!

Search this Thread

Old February 12th, 2008, 3:14 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thought it was time to introduce me and my project!

I've been registered on here for over a year but i haven't really posted anything. So i figured seen as i'm getting thing ready to do one of the biggest projects i've ever done and figured some of you might be interested in that it was time to tell ya about myself and my truck lol. I've owned several chevys and its pretty much all my parents have owned growing up so lol i'm a chevy guy at heart. Although i do have a soft spot for nissans seen as i've spent the last 5 years building up a nissan altima. But seen as my car got totaled i decided it was time to play with a V8 truck. Which leads me to my current project. A little over a year ago I bought a 1991 Chevy K1500 regular cab long box with a 305 and 5spd its lifted 2" (torsion bars turned up and 2" blocks in the rear) and currently has 31 10.50 15s on it. I've had 33 12.50s on it but they rub a bit when turning sharp so i gotta get more lift before I go that big again. My current project comes in at the point that I spun a main bearing and locked her up tight so in the sport of lol improving if replacing i've got a 400ci sb that i'm gonna install. I'm planning on sticking with the TBI setup with a few minor mods to compensate for the bigger motor, mainly some larger fuel injectors, an adjustable fuel pressure regulator, a cfm tech tb space, and of course cause the motor is going being out a new heavy duty clutch and a set of full length headers (flowtech afterburners) and new exhaust. I plan on taking lots of pictures and doing a full write up on the process it takes to convert a carbed sbc to a tbi and how to get the stock ecu to run the 400... Anyway I'm hoping that i'm help to everybody here and hope to learn a lot as well....
Old February 12th, 2008, 4:48 PM
CF Monarch

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Thought it was time to introduce me and my project!

Um... welcome BACK to the forum!!!! Glad to have ya!
Old February 12th, 2008, 9:23 PM
CF Senior Member

Glad to have you back!
Old February 13th, 2008, 9:30 AM
CF Junior Member

Hey bro! cant wait to see how it turns out! I've been working on a much lighter project in my few spare hours after work for the past few days, I'll be posting up pictures of the finished product, tomorrow hopefully, in the silverado section under 'all you can view" at the top of the forum, be sure to check em out and comment!