New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

What is the craziest "repair" you have come across.

Search this Thread

Old April 1st, 2017, 9:19 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the craziest "repair" you have come across.

First, Hi from ND.

Not long ago I purchased a 03 Burb with what I knew to have a few issues, nothing I couldn't handle, just common age issues and needing some TLC... or so I thought, which brings me to the thread topic. What is the strangest "repairs" you have come across?

So far I have found wire nuts on splices and electrical cords to by pass wires for the brake lights. T taps like what is used in plumbing to by pass the fuel filter. Tinfoil to act as a water screen under the manifold (I think). Electrical​ ext cord and wire nuts running to the horns and by passing the fuse box. The circuit board for the gauges look like someone hacked it up and then tried to fix it with wire jumpers. Knock sensor wires cut off. An exhaust that goes from 2.5 to 3 going into the muffler to dual 2.5 outlets that Y back into a single 3 inch tail pipe.

So, I'm just wondering if anyone else has found things that made you wonder what the heck were they thinking? Love to hear your story.