New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

yet another newbie

Search this Thread

Old February 7th, 2008, 10:40 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default yet another newbie

i wasn't going to do one of these but said why not.

Im josh rutler im 26 and living in monument, co where i have lived since 95 i love it here and the rednecks i hang out with are great people. Ive been into cars since i was born my dad was a drag racer all my life up until about 6 years ago. he crashed and couldnt afford another car so he retired from it.

i worked at local shops since i was 16 changing tires and doing oil changes. you gotta start somewhere. i did this untill i was 21 and decided that if i wanted to jump the fence from being an oil boy to a tech that i needed to get some schooling. so i left colorado and went to arizona for a year and attended universal technical institute. which for all you nay sayers is quite a school not just some community college there is a dress code and they are very strict on grades and attendance ( if you miss 4 hours of one 3 week class you start over if you dont get 70% or better you start over) needless to say loving working on cars i fit right in and acceled at it. it wasnt long that i was one of few 4.0+ students with perfect attendance.

they give awards for the most applied student in the class every three weeks and i got nine out of 17 of them. and they are hard to get!! i finished in 360 days of a course that was supposed to take 18 months. i would get to school about 6:00 am and leave about 9:30 pm. i couldnt get enough of it. i graduated top of the class with a gpa of 4.13 and 99.89% attendance (had a couple sick days and left early). i left arizona and came straight back to colorado to use my connections to get me a tech job. i got 4 asc credentials as well as about 60 ford credentials ( no im not a ford fan just wanted advanced knowlage and chevy wasnt an option ) my emmisions license and ac/hvac certificate. i worked for a local dealer for about 9 months worked on just about any vehicle you could think of that is readily on the roads every day. i slowly lost interest in the tech part of working on cars to me there is way too many crooks out there and half of them are service writers the other half are the salesmen i tried to work at a couple small shops but just couldnt stand the crooks, i never paid attention or new about it when i was just flinging oil and tires.

now i am an assistant manager at a landscape material yard and use my knowlage on the heavy equipment and tractor trailers we run. and to say the least i am into four wheeling and camping which has plenty of technical aspects to it. i have plenty of friends that still work at shops and love talking shop and technical problems. but there is nothing better than talking about building a four wheel monster!

i have a 97 chrysler cirrus. its a peice of crap! i just use it for running around cause it gets good gas mileage about 34mpg highway. but my dream truck that is slowly coming around is a 81 chevrolet k3500 with the 465 tranny and 205 transfer case i just attained and installed a 93 7.4l tbi motor for it and that was a pain since chevy doesnt mark there wiring harnesses vs the ecu which is very stupid on there part. im planning on making the rear suspension 1/4 elip and putting 40" super swampers on it taking the bed off chopping off the frame from about the center of the rear tire and making a shorty flat bed. and with any hope i will have it done by next winter.

well thats about all about me thank you in advance to anyone that gives me some pointers about my future posts.
josh rutler
Old February 7th, 2008, 1:21 PM
CF Monarch

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: yet another newbie

Welcome to the forum! I see you have already been posting a fair amount on the forum! You may want to capitalize the first letter of every sentence, makes it a lot easier to read!
Old February 7th, 2008, 1:46 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: yet another newbie

Welcome to the forum, its always nice to have someone around to offer their profossional opinion concerning technical issues.