News, Concepts, SEMA Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Chevrolet. (This is not a tech section.)

2009 Camaro price

Search this Thread

Old July 13th, 2007, 11:46 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 Camaro price

Has anyone heard what the Camaro price tag will be? Will it be a higher end car under the vette or will every Highschool kid get one? LOL will it offer a V8? or just a super charged v6.

I hope its at least 28k base!!

Old July 15th, 2007, 11:11 PM
CF Monarch

Received 27 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: 2009 Camaro price

They will have to keep it sub forty or no one will buy it.
Old July 17th, 2007, 5:33 PM
CF Beginner

Yeah, if they go above the Corvette's price, I don't think they'll sell too well. I'm going to buy one, but that's only because I'm a Camaro fan.
Old July 29th, 2007, 11:17 AM
CF Junior Member

I have heard if you take 500.00 to your chevrolet dealer they will get you on the pre-order list. I am going today to see if this is true or not.
Old August 4th, 2007, 11:44 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: CRFrizzell

I have heard if you take 500.00 to your chevrolet dealer they will get you on the pre-order list. I am going today to see if this is true or not.
could have saved you the trip.....I know we wont, considering the plant is not even geared up to build them, and we have no idea what $$ will be, I have heard 20-25 for the V6 and upper 30s for V8, as for what V8 not sure Im guessing hte 6.0 or 6.2, seeing as how the new vette is pushing over 650hp with the new 7L, they should up the 6.2 to the camaro, as well the new G8 is getting the 6.0 and close to 400hp the camaro has to surpass that.....
Old August 5th, 2007, 6:47 AM
CF Junior Member

Well believe it or not the dealer let me put a refundable 500.00 down to be on a pre order list. This has nothing to do with chevy just good faith with when they order and can.I appreciate the knowledge on the possible specs. Im pretty sure Chevrolet released that it will use the 6.0 and have a v6 option. Loaded I fouond out will be 34k unless you get into special orders etc.
Old August 8th, 2007, 10:39 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: CRFrizzell

Well believe it or not the dealer let me put a refundable 500.00 down to be on a pre order list. This has nothing to do with chevy just good faith with when they order and can.I appreciate the knowledge on the possible specs. Im pretty sure Chevrolet released that it will use the 6.0 and have a v6 option. Loaded I fouond out will be 34k unless you get into special orders etc.
take your word for it on the deposit part, but that will be a dealer thing, any dealer will take your money if you want to give it to them, be curious to see in 2 YEARS if you actually get it back if they dont get your car, as for pricing where did you get this as dealer principles dont even know what it will be yet?? since you cant build pre order, see options, available engines, wheels, tires, etc...

I see oyur in realestate, think about it for a sec, would you take my money and guarantee me a price on a house that is not even built yet, and wont be for 2 years.....lots of things can change by then...
Old September 24th, 2007, 9:30 AM
CF Beginner

I agree with the price range that you have previously stated. The GM trainers/reps. and training material tell me that the Camaro will have the 5.3 SS engine from the Impala/ Monte. The G8 has got a weak 6.0 because of the gas guzzler tax, GM is NOT going to import any vehihcle with over 400 h.p. Nor will they have anything produced that will out perform their bread and butter 'vette. Don't get me wrong, I think it'll knock the Mustang out of contention right out the gate.
Old September 25th, 2007, 12:59 PM
CF Active Member

back in 99-00 my dad put down 4 deposits at 4 dealer ships ($500 ea) for the 03 SSr's, since there wasnt a msrp decided upon yet, in the contract it listed the price as "MSRP" so when they came out here (in florida) for $65+ he had 4 for i think $43-45 (not all first year) and one dealership decided not to honor it, and shipped his deposit back, (it was some georgia dealership) he didn't accept it, and had his lawyers talk to their, basically they ended up settling for giving him the cost of what they were selling it for, minus the msrp, so it was like $65-45 so he got a $20k settlement, and sold the other 2 for $65, so dealerships will take your money, but someone will try to give it back if theyre trying to sell it for a gross amount over msrp

(also, i guess its worthy to note that before signing the contracts to msrp he told them we had an employee discount from a family member, so they accepted msrp 2-3 years in advance rather than employee discount)
Old September 26th, 2007, 1:45 PM
CF Beginner

I've heard of dealerships that will "demo" popular vehicles untill their considered "used", and then mark them up so as to avoid msrp. Don't know how true it is, just what I've heard.

Quick Reply: 2009 Camaro price