News, Concepts, SEMA Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Chevrolet. (This is not a tech section.)

Any new gas engines in the future for Silverado 2500?

Search this Thread

Old September 26th, 2018, 4:29 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any new gas engines in the future for Silverado 2500?

Has there been any news about any new gas engines coming out for the Silverado HD 2500? I need a 3/4 ton suspension but don't want a diesel engine. I tow a larger boat and snowmobile trailer about 5 times a year so don't need a diesel the rest of the time. Would like to see a 6.2 or turbo 6.0 be available for the new Silverado HD 2500, just to have a little more power from the gas engine. Or maybe a 8 speed transmission for the 6.0 engine.
Old September 27th, 2018, 6:31 PM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by shadowz21
Has there been any news about any new gas engines coming out for the Silverado HD 2500? I need a 3/4 ton suspension but don't want a diesel engine. I tow a larger boat and snowmobile trailer about 5 times a year so don't need a diesel the rest of the time. Would like to see a 6.2 or turbo 6.0 be available for the new Silverado HD 2500, just to have a little more power from the gas engine. Or maybe a 8 speed transmission for the 6.0 engine.
My guess is that Chevy might put an 8 speed into a pickup, but larger CI motors? Not with the federal fleet fuel mileage standards of 2025 they wont.
Old September 28th, 2018, 10:05 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, I was just curious. I was just hoping Chevrolet would consider putting the 6.2 in the 2500, since it's an option in the 1500 Silverado LTZ. It's just like they want everyone wanting a 2500 to go with the Duramax, but not everyone needing the 3/4 suspension part of the time wants to go the diesel route. Another route Chevrolet could go is bring the HD1500 back into production. Seems like it was one of the more popular trucks they have ever offered. It really fit the bill for people needing something between the 1/2 ton and 3/4 ton trucks.