North Eastern ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NJ, NY, PA

Buyer beware!!! Lucky motors chicago

Search this Thread

Old November 4th, 2013, 11:44 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Buyer beware!!! Lucky motors chicago

BEWARE of this seller!! This guy Mike Salerno and his manager sold my father the biggest piece of **** on the planet. They told him it was a "show car" and in "mint condition". My father paid almost $70k for a 1955 Custom Nomad and when it showed up at the house it was literally falling apart. Carpets stained, filthy dirty, and not even attached to the floor. Speakers hanging out of the door panels. Front bench seat attached with two loose bolts. Paint drips all over the car, every panel. We drove the car to the mechanic and it barely made it there, overheating and pissing anti freeze. Digital dash lit but didnt work, gas gauge reads 70% no matter how full. He told he had a guy in New Jersey that can will look at it and give an estimate to fix the issues. After trying to get the name and address of "his mechanic" he tells me he doesnt have anyone to bring it to. And the kicker is he wouldnt even consider taking the car back, and after haggling back and forth offered 3k back. What a joke! 3k wont even come close to fixing this car! Then after threatening with a lawsuit tells us to "f*ck off" and hangs up the phone. Great way to do business. Good job Mike Salerno and owner Chris whatever your name is. Hopefully someone will read this write up and think twice about buying anything from you. I will post detailed pictures of the car soon.
Old November 4th, 2013, 11:56 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Sorry to hear of so many problems with such a classic car...
We look forward to the pictures.....
I will leave this post for the feedback in the north eastern dealer feed back section but will removed the other post as duplicate..
Old November 5th, 2013, 2:15 PM
Site Ambassador

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The biggest lesson to be learned here is never never never buy a car sight-unseen, especially when coughing up such a large dollar amount.