Nova & Chevy II The Chevy II was introduced in the 1962 model year and quickly became one of the most popular models, with many trim levels and engines available. The RWD Chevy II/ Nova ended in 1979

1976 Chevy Nova newbie

Search this Thread

Old September 28th, 2015, 8:49 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1976 Chevy Nova newbie

Hello everyone so I recently purchased a 1976 Chevy nova, I'm not sure the exact model but I love the car. I have never really been into cars and honestly don't know much about them but I'm learning as I go. The issue I'm having is The lights that light the instrument cluster are no longer working. I recently removed the dash and cluster to try to reset the fuel gauge as well as the speedometer. Well when I put everything back together the lights on my instrument cluster no longer work as well as the light that illuminates the floorboards. I've taken it apart and put it back together a couple times and everything seems to be hooked up but I'm not sure what happened. My headlights work fine, turn signals work fine, my domelight works fine just the lights on my cluster. I replaced all the fuses and I replaced all the bulbs and it still doesn't light up, I have to be missing something and yes I know there's a dimmer but it's not coming on when I turn the ****. Can anyone help me with this,I'm lost!