Nova & Chevy II The Chevy II was introduced in the 1962 model year and quickly became one of the most popular models, with many trim levels and engines available. The RWD Chevy II/ Nova ended in 1979

BBC Nova Build

Search this Thread

Old September 25th, 2017, 10:43 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BBC Nova Build

Im looking at buying a 89 Chevy 454 big block for my 72 nova 4 door sleeper. It has a 350 right now I'm selling Friday. I found a 89 truck 454 for sale for $275 with heads down(no intake). All bottom end is there and stock. I don't wanna spend to much money or make that HUGE of a power monster. I plan on selling the car in a few years so don't wanna dump to much money in it. I am new to big blocks and wanna know what's the best way to unlock the power locked up in these 80's beasts. Any tips, tricks, md recomdations would be appreciated. I also would like to know how to tell if it is a Hypereutectic dome or forged dome. I don't plan to bore it out any but I might depending on your suggestions. I found a few rebuild kits from summit that include pistons and such. I'd like to keep it as stock no cheap as possible but still wanna make decent power. Plan to run it out a 700r4 and 4:11 gears. Any help is appreciated. Any tips on what to look for on the motor when buying would help too. Pictures atttched are from the motor for sale.

Attached Thumbnails BBC Nova Build-img_1229.jpg   BBC Nova Build-img_1230.png