Nova & Chevy II The Chevy II was introduced in the 1962 model year and quickly became one of the most popular models, with many trim levels and engines available. The RWD Chevy II/ Nova ended in 1979

Chevt II Nova Convertable

Search this Thread

Old March 22nd, 2017, 4:10 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chevt II Nova Convertable

Hi Oldchevy,

Thanks for the post. I didn’t realize the two speed was an automatic transmission, but that makes a lot more sense that a two speed standard transmission. If the 194 had plenty of power, I guess the first step in to see if it is savable. The body looked good when it went into the barn. The convertible top looks bad, but there’s a shop in the area that does those. He had it painted while he was restoring it, but says there is rust in a part of the front passenger floor that is part of the unibody frame. I assume any competent body shop would be able to fix that. It is on blocks and covered with tarps. I expect there would be mouse damage.

He doesn’t drive that much anyhow, but I would expect it would be used for day trips rather than as a daily driver. I haven’t asked him, as I would like it to be a surprise. Right now, this is just an idea that I’m just starting to look at. I have several other projects consuming my time and hope to farm out as much as possible without breaking the bank. My sister had a 1964 Chevy II as her first car that stayed in the family for many years.