OLD - PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

1965 Impala 2 Door Hard Top

Search this Thread

Old November 21st, 2007, 6:05 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1965 Impala 2 Door Hard Top

I have a black/black 1965 chevy impala. It has a 1967 327 engine. The 327 was the most powerful small block chevy ever produced. I have fully rebuilt it. It has at least 375hp. It has a forged steel crank that was turned .010 / .010. #461 casting double hump heads with stainless 2.02" intake valves and stainless 1.60" exhaust valves, new high po springs, new valve guides, pushrod guide plates, arp screw in studs - everything is new. Aluminum full roller rocker arms. Manley head bolts and washers. It has an edelbrock aluminum intake manifold and edelbrock weber carburetor. It has new pushrods. Crane camshaft and lifters with long duration and .480 lift. Keith black pistons with domes to increase compression. Runs great on pump gas due to long duration camshaft (dynamic compression.) High volume oil pump. True roller timing chain. New cooling system (water pump, radiator, heater core, etc.) Accel super coil. Hei distributor. Headers, flowmaster mufflers. B&M megashifter. Very good interior. 1966 impala SS dashboard. Chrome steel wheels with baby moons. Cd stereo mp3 compatible.

The bad: Needs a transmission. Rear end is shot (broken pinion gear due to high power and hard shift.) Needs some body work and paint job to look sweet. Not too much rust. Was an arkansas car.

The good: I have a 12 bolt heavy duty SS rear end to go in it. These are very hard to find for the full size and if you do talk about shipping prices!

Also have a bunch of other spare parts - seats, 4 speed shifter, bumper, etc.

I have nearly $3000 in the engine alone and have driven it only about 5000 miles since rebuilding it and it is bulletproof. Just needs some tlc and maybe a tranny that doesn't shift so hard as to break things.

Asking $3500.

Car is near clinton, Ia.

docpete6@hotmail.com