OLD - PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

For Sale: 1998 Chevy Astro LT

Search this Thread

Old October 3rd, 2013, 6:22 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1998 Chevy Astro LT

Important: This vehicle is located in the UK (England).

I have a silver Chevy Astro with a custom front and billet grill, custom polished alloy wheels, custom audio and TV/entertainment system. This van is in superb condition, it is not a butchered vehicle or a tacky dayvan conversion.

It's a 7 seater van with captains chairs in front and middle row and bench seat for the third row. All seats have silver/blue velor finish with no rips, tears or wear.

Van was completely re-wired with high grade speaker cable, all doors were stripped down and acoustically lined (still have more acoustic material as was going to do remaining side panels and floor) with a Dynomat type product. All factory fit speakers were removed with high quality custom fit units installed keeping the original look of the vehicle. There is a free standing subwoofer unit in the rear cargo area (this can be removed). Subwoofer is connected via it's own 2 Farad power capacitor ensuring ultra clean power delivery.

Up front is a four channel amplifier giving clean high quality power to front and rear door speakers, there are numerous switching options on this amp so if you need to remove the rear sub for any reason you can easily switch the amp to deliver full frequecies to all door speakers.

Original 1.5 DIN unit has been replaced with a 1.5 to single DIN chasis with a single DIN DVD head unit with pop-out 7" screen. This DVD head unit will play multiple formats; DVD movie, DVD audio, CD, CDr, mp3's, has iPod connection so you can control iPod from screen of head unit, SD card slot, 3.5mm audio jack input, USB input. It does soooo many things you will not want for anything. Also wired for rear screen video output but there are no rear screens in this van. In addition, there is a separate Freeview (digital TV) unit with powered antenna. You can watch digital TV on the head unit wherever you are, great if you are sitting waiting for the family to come back after shopping! Head unit also has Bluetooth so you can pair your phone and have hands free use even copying your phone book to the head unit.

Four channel amp is installed between driver and front passenger seat but have sourced a custom console which is currently being fitted to the van to house the amp therefore keeping everything out of sight.

Van was shipped brand new from the USA to Japan so alot of the original GM stickers are in Japanese, speedo is in kilometers but mileage is approx. 63,000 miles but I use the van daily so this will increase.

Van was gone through with a fine tooth comb by myself, Paragon Automotive, Northampton and Classic AmCar, Bicester (both good friends of mine) when I first got it to ensure there were no electrical or mechanical gremlins.

Van flew through the MOT with no advisories. There will be no road tax as I am disabled and get free disabled road tax and this cannot be passed on to the new owner.

This has to be one of the best, original and unabused Astro's in the UK. As I run a vehicle diagnostic business I will throw in a year's supply of free vehicle diagnostics to anyone buying the vehicle at full asking price.

I have fitted alot of new genuine GM parts including sourcing the extremely hard to find rear door seals so you have no water leaks from them (common on the Astro). This van is also fitted with a yellow top Optima battery.

Van has both rear heat and AC which are in full working order.

Negative points:
Rear heat and rear window wiper/washer switches work fine but do not illuminate at night, this is a bad LED, I have replacements but have never got round to repairing.

There is currently no rear fog light fitted, cable is installed so all you need is the rear light fitted and switch in dash.

Alloy wheels have some curb damage but can be easily repaired.

That's it, a real honest truck that gets lots of looks of admiration.

If the buyer is interested I also have a matching silver cargo box for the roof (this van has roof rails installed), this is a large box and has the correct right-side opening so you can access it easily from the open sliding door on the van. This will be extra and is not included in the sale price of the van.

Any questions please ask, only reason I am selling is because I want a Suburban type truck.

Send me a PM for photos. I am asking £5199ono.

Last edited by bigdaddycraig; October 3rd, 2013 at 6:26 AM.