OLD - PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

For Sale: 68 Chevy truck (no rims and or tires) must go make offer.

Search this Thread

Old December 29th, 2019, 12:11 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 68 Chevy truck (no rims and or tires) must go make offer.

Hello Chevy lovers, I have a 68 Chevy stepside c10 shortbed. It was a proj-ect that now has become a pro-blem. I need it gone. Now it has a motor but minus carb. There are no running boards in bed., No rims or tires. Needs alot of restoration but I know what it's worth. So don't try to sucker me. However I am in a situation to giving some lucky enthusiast a deal of a lifetime. Respectfully to serious enthusiast make me an offer. If you want a closer look I am willing to show this to public. Trust me it's solid straight and project perfect. Call 951-307-3808

Last edited by Cord; December 29th, 2019 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Need to add phone #
Old December 29th, 2019, 12:15 AM
CF Beginner

Default Offer

Call me please i
Old January 11th, 2020, 12:24 PM
CF Beginner

It looks like a bare shell...what state are you in?

Is that a rotor on the rear axle or am I seeing things?
Old January 11th, 2020, 12:41 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by MaterMark
It looks like a bare shell...what state are you in?

Is that a rotor on the rear axle or am I seeing things?
Hello, thank you for inquiring. First I have to apologize for assuming this trucks manufacturing year. I'm not quite sure but it could be any year from 68-72. If anyone can tell me by the photos I'd appreciate the help. So to answer question I'm in CA. Second, yes that is a rotor you see on rear axle. At one point this truck was undergoing some modified suspension upgrade along with all four disc brake system. Both completed except for brake lines to rear never was finished. I will add more pics shortly. thank you
Old January 11th, 2020, 12:48 PM
I'm here for the party

Received 71 Likes on 66 Posts

you can normally tell the year by the date printed on the title
The following users liked this post:
MaterMark (January 11th, 2020)
Old January 11th, 2020, 3:45 PM
CF Beginner

1968 (and 1967) the hood is shorter height at the front and 1968 was the first year for sidemarker lights. Start with the marker lights--if none, it's a 1967 unless someone changed the fenders and left the wires hanging...or taped them up.
1969 & 1970 the front grille has a horizontal divider about 3" tall with the turn signals at the ends of the grille bar between the headlights.
1971-1972 the grille has more of a cross hatch pattern and turn signals are in the bumper.
Open the glovebox door--a sticker should have the VIN # plus all the options the truck had from the factory. Again--if nobody changed it.
Because of the sidemarker lights, it's a 1968 & up, unless changed. I can't see the front of the hood but if the front of the hood slopes ~3" or less, it's '68. ~4 to 5" or so & more vertical, it's a '69 & up.
I haven't had any stepsides that early & I'm not sure if the taillights should be round or square.

Hope this helps.
P.S. take a pic of the front of hood & the grille.

Last edited by MaterMark; January 11th, 2020 at 3:53 PM.