OLD - PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

iPod gateway for late model GM vehicles - Connect iPod to factory radio (iSimple)

Search this Thread

Old June 24th, 2009, 1:43 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iPod gateway for late model GM vehicles - Connect iPod to factory radio (iSimple)

Hi everyone!

My name is Brian, and I just lost my 2004 Monte Carlo SS. I hate to admit it, but I bought a Toyota as a replacement vehicle (it's got nothing to do with love for GM, it's a gas mileage/no money thing). I assure you, I'm still a loyal GM fan but the economy is ruining that for me, so I really had no choice (so don't hate me, please)

Anyway, back in February, I bought an iPod gateway for my Monte. When my Monte died, I took the gateway out. It is in *ABSOLUTELY PERFECT MINT* condition and it works well. The gateway installs by plugging it into the vehicle's factory radio harness, then the radio plugs into the gateway. The gateway itself is about the size of a pack of cigarettes. It's easily hidden. The gateway has 3 types of inputs: Direct iPod cable, standard compisite (red & white) cables, and phono jack (headphone like, for connecting other MP3 players).

Since this is a wired connection, it DOES involve taking the dash and radio out, but the sound quality is CD. It's *crystal* clear. The system works well, and it does NOT mess up your radio (or car's computer). It works by adding an "iPod" option to your "Band" button (you know what I'm talking about).

When connected correctly, it allows you to control your iPod from your radio AND from your steering wheel buttons (bonus!).

The kit comes with the wiring harness, the connection cables, and the gateway. The gateway does not need external power, it gets it right from the factory harness.

This is the exact model I bought (and I bought it from Best Buy, too):
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1202650491628

Do NOT go by the listing of compatible vehicles on the best buy page!! The REAL list is here:
http://peripheralelectronics.com/see...uctName=PGHGM5

(That's the manufacturer's page). This is the list of vehicles that is compatible with the HARNESS. No matter which iSimple you buy, the gateway device is the same model, but the harness included is different. THIS list of vehicles is for the harness I have, and naturally, the gateway itself.

If your vehicle is listed there and you'd like to buy this from me (as I clearly have no use for it anymore) I will give it to you for $100, which is $50 off the Best Buy price.

Like I said, it's only a few months old and it's in perfect condition and it works very, very well... IF INSTALLED IN THE CORRECT VEHICLE!!! This is VERY important: If your vehicle is not listed, this gateway is not for you. If you try to install it in a vehicle that is not listed ON THE MANUFACTURER'S PAGE, it MAY work, but it will work POORLY if at all.

I had a friend with a 2003 Monte get the same kit, because Best Buy listed it as compatible, but the manufacturer didn't... The harness fit, and he got it to work, but it didn't work perfectly. He had issues with it, but I didn't. So please, please, PLEASE make sure your vehicle is listed in that link above (there are 3 pages of vehicles there, by the way)

So, if you're interested in buying this from me and you're in the Rhode Island area, I'll gladly meet up with you. If not, we'll do shipping, but we'll have to talk on the phone first because I don't do paypal and I REFUSE to be scammed... so we'll have to work something out.

Anyway, if you're interested, please email me: brian@hauntedparanormal.com

Thanks, hope to hear from you. This gateway needs a good home, and it would be a shame to see it just sitting around collecting dust.

So please, if you or anyone you know needs this, PLEASE email me and let me know. Thanks!

~Brian

Now, as per forum rules:

Description: iSimple iPod gateway for late model GM vehicles
Price: $100 NO PAYPAL!! Check/MO must clear before I ship. Must speak with you on the phone to ensure not being scammed.
Defects/Problems: Nothing
Location: Bristol RI... prefer to do business locally, but I WILL ship with the conditions above.
Pics:

OK In this picture... The gateway is the box on the far right. The cable at the very top is the iPod cable (it's a VERY long cable). The cable just below it are your composite & phono jack inputs. The cable on the bottom is the harness interface. Basically it plugs into the factory harness, then the gateway, then the radio.

Last edited by LinuxMan; June 24th, 2009 at 2:12 AM. Reason: added picture
Old June 24th, 2009, 2:14 AM
CF Beginner

Additional note:

Even if your vehicle is not listed, they DO sell extra harnesses at that website for about $20. So either way you're still saving money. It'll cost you $100 for what I'm selling, plus $20 for the harness for your vehicle, so it's still $30 off the cost of what Best Buy would sell it to you for.
Old June 27th, 2009, 3:13 AM
CF Beginner

Nobody?