OLD - PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

For Sale: Rosen Navigation Radio

Search this Thread

Old December 7th, 2010, 5:45 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Rosen Navigation Radio

I saw this Navigation Radio on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ROSEN...ht_4831wt_1167

item # 250739176239

Does anyone have a Rosen radio ? I have heard real good things about them. It goes for like $1400.00 on crutchfield without the camera and the ipod harness.

I wanted to get some info before I bid
Old December 10th, 2010, 11:26 AM
CF Beginner

Question

From what I understand it plays the dvds while you drive. It also includes a BACKUP CAMERA AND A IPOD HARNESS....LOOKS LIKE A GREAT DEAL

For sale is one of the best aftermarket high performance multi-media navigation units out on the market today. All of the most popular features right within your fingertips! This unit was designed to fit just like an OEM original radio. You will retain all stock features without a need to purchase additional adapters. Everything that you will need for installation will be included in the box. This is the same navigation units that many GM dealers charge $2000 plus installation fees. Don't be stuck in the stone ages with your GM original radio and upgrade today!!! The unit features a 7 inch LCD high resolution touch screen, GPS turn by turn navigation, built in Bluetooth for hands free operation of cell phone, iPod ready, SD card slot, steering wheel controls integrated and plug and play with your XM Satellite radio. The unit's disc drive Supports DVD/DVD+R/VCD/CD/CD-R/MP3/MP4. This navigation unit is very capable and features the latest GPS and video touch screen technology.
Old December 12th, 2010, 6:45 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the PM and emails. I agree this radio is far more advanced than the stock one and buying it from Crutchfield isn't a smart idea. Thanks All !!
Old January 20th, 2011, 6:59 PM
CF Active Member

well, i got Rosen DS-GM0700-N11 for non bose system.

I like 90% of it. It's real fast, work with steering wheel buttons, it's plug & play (almost), GPS works perfect and is accurate, u can play DVD during the drive, bluetooth plays also music and making - receiving calls. There is also iPod or iPhone harness, that u can operate your "iThing" from unit. Backup camera ready and additional AVI input.
There is no anything u have to buy, like maps CD, Bluetooth adapter, lockpick, GPS antenna or any special harnesses as is necessary for OEM radio. The package include everything.

Problem is, that i have a bose system and RSE as well. Now i need to call closest installer to order DP-GM0712 vehicle harness to make it work as MG0720 model.
All other works better than OEM radio btw.
But there is couple things i don't like already.
Most dumb is, that u can't download phone book in to unit and make a calls from there. Hmmm
Also, there is a SD card slot, but support only up to 2 GB of music, pictures or video.

I'm bought it fro a project and when i make everything work, i will sell it here or on eBay (same as i did with my old OEM).
Old January 22nd, 2011, 8:11 PM
CF Beginner

So what im hearing here is that this one is better than the stock gps system made for the tahoes too? Ive never heard of this company before, and the price seems pretty steep considering ive found some on ebay for like 599.99 free shipping. i dont need the back up camera but would be a nice feature to have.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/07-08...fAudioQ5fVideo
Old February 27th, 2011, 1:57 PM
CF Beginner

I recently bought the GM0700-N11 and a rear camera from trailduty.com and installed it in my 2010 Silverado. At $949, the unit price was substantially cheaper than Crutchfield's ($1599). Overall, the unit has everything I need in it and I was especially interested in the fact that it looked stock and integrated with all of my existing truck features without having to buy additional adapters or risk tapping into factory wiring. I currently don't use the BT feature as I prefer to use the integrated vehicle voice calling feature.

Some of the things I wish the unit did better:
- Brighter display for daytime viewing
- Better iPod screen (Don't know why they chose to make a large dial on the left and cut off all the song info on the right. I'd rather see a smaller set of control buttons, more space for track info, and ability to select artists alphabetically.)
- RCA outputs (Currently there are none, so adding extra amps means still tapping into wiring or messing with additional adapters of some sort. Even the cheap Chinese nav unit I installed in my wife's car has RCA outs.)
Old March 23rd, 2011, 6:45 PM
CF Beginner

Hi All,
I have a Chevy Traverse 2010 1LT "WITHOUT BOSE".

I am looking to purchase (from Trailduty.com of course) and install the Rosen DSGM1010-P11 (being released in the next couple of days and will replace the GM0700-N11 and GM0710-N11 models. same specs/dimensions + more software updates and system upgrades).

As per the instructions, it should be really simple and indeed "plug-and-Play"... My only concern is the GPS antenna installation... I've never fished any wiring nor did I work around any wiring in any vehicle...

Any tips and guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all!