Tahoe & Suburban DIY and Useful Threads This section is for DIY writeups, FAQs, and other useful threads. If you would like something posted in here, please contact a moderator.

Rosen Navigation Connection Problems

Search this Thread

Old October 30th, 2010, 9:22 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rosen Navigation Connection Problems

I recently purchased a Rosen Navigation dash unit and installed it in my car. I am having a few problems with it...they advertise that it is a plug n' play device. For the most part it was pretty simple to install, there were two component plugs that matched up evenly and the antenna wiring fit. There were 4 additional single wires labeled "battery, back, ground, and brake". I have wired the battery and brake to the fuse box but have been unable to get the bluetooth and DVD to function (DVD acts like car is in motion and won't play). Does anyone know where to find correct wiring or has ever run into this problem before?
Old October 31st, 2010, 7:22 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Brake most likely is the parking brake. Wiring it to the fuse box will not work. It needs to be hooked to the parking brake switch so it gets grounded when the brake is set. Back most likely needs to be tied into the reverse light.
Old January 10th, 2012, 10:35 PM
CF Beginner

Hello, I just joined today. I know this is an old post, I installed a Rosen DS-GM1010 in my 08 Tahoe LTZ about a week ago. Everything seems to work, XM, SWC, rear dvd, ipod, chimes. All but rear cam and sensors. After installing the rosen, I had one plug left over. I'm thinking it's rear cam? It has a blue female connector. One place said it was the tire pressure sensor?? Also I did not hook up the seperate wires when installing which allows my front seat rider to watch a dvd while driving. I would like to know if there is a harness that allows the factory rear cam to be used with the Rosen unit.
Old January 22nd, 2012, 9:34 AM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Default rosen installation code

Hi:

I have a Rosen GM0710 installed in my Chevy Traverse. I turned off the bluetooth function in the Rosen unit during the installation as I had a third-party bluetooth device installed. But now the third party bluetooth device was broken, thus, I would like to activate the bluetooth function in the Rosen unit. Unfortunately, I can not find the installation card coming with the unit, which has the installation code on it. Can anyone let me know the code so that I can activate the bluetooth function?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by goadus
Hello, I just joined today. I know this is an old post, I installed a Rosen DS-GM1010 in my 08 Tahoe LTZ about a week ago. Everything seems to work, XM, SWC, rear dvd, ipod, chimes. All but rear cam and sensors. After installing the rosen, I had one plug left over. I'm thinking it's rear cam? It has a blue female connector. One place said it was the tire pressure sensor?? Also I did not hook up the seperate wires when installing which allows my front seat rider to watch a dvd while driving. I would like to know if there is a harness that allows the factory rear cam to be used with the Rosen unit.
Old January 22nd, 2012, 7:53 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Can't you just go to the Manufacturer and get the code?
Old January 23rd, 2012, 9:53 AM
CF Beginner

leo20w: press menu, then settings, then keypad, then enter 7253 on the keypad. That should take you to the installer settings. Good Luck
Old January 6th, 2015, 5:52 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by MDTAHOE
Brake most likely is the parking brake. Wiring it to the fuse box will not work. It needs to be hooked to the parking brake switch so it gets grounded when the brake is set. Back most likely needs to be tied into the reverse light.

AS far as the DVD player I connected the pink brake wire to the CDC black ground wire and you can watch your DVDs anytime
Old January 6th, 2015, 5:56 PM
CF Beginner

I have a problem with the Bluetooth steering wheel controls on my unit. If i use the bluetooth onmy truck and don't pair it with the Rosen unit I can't answer incoming calls with my steering wheel controls. If I pair my truck to the Rosen and use the external mc that was provided people can't hear me very well. Any suggestions?
Old July 7th, 2019, 11:36 AM
CF Beginner

Default DVD not working

Originally Posted by nsheffer
I recently purchased a Rosen Navigation dash unit and installed it in my car. I am having a few problems with it...they advertise that it is a plug n' play device. For the most part it was pretty simple to install, there were two component plugs that matched up evenly and the antenna wiring fit. There were 4 additional single wires labeled "battery, back, ground, and brake". I have wired the battery and brake to the fuse box but have been unable to get the bluetooth and DVD to function (DVD acts like car is in motion and won't play). Does anyone know where to find correct wiring or has ever run into this problem before?
I forgot what wire/color but I just grounded it to the radio for the DVD to work all the time